Transaction Manager / AP Manager / Head of Payments
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum + car allowance & annual Bonus
Consultant Rebecca Butler
Date posted 05 June 20192019-06-05 2019-08-04 accountancy Warrington Cheshire GB wa7 1tt GBP 40000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A growing PLC business near the Warrington area is currently recruiting for a Head of Payment Services to join its finance function. You will be an experienced Payment Services Manager who is able to demonstrate the ability to influence and proactively drive change through process improvement; The ideal candidate will be from a large company background, either PLC or SSC, have experience of managing a large team across AP and Payroll and will currently be either an AP Manager or Transaction Manager. Reporting into the Head of Finance and working closely with the Management Team you will be responsible for the smooth running of proceedings across Accounts Payable and Payroll, enabling a tightly controlled department to service changing business requirements in a fast paced PLC environment. You will also ensure regular reporting is prepared and analysed, to ensure that the head of finances are made aware of the Accounts Payable and Payroll position weekly and monthly.
As Head of Payment Services you will be responsible for?
- Establishing and developing effective internal and external working relationships, including Operations, Finance, Supply Chain and Suppliers.
- Implementing strategies and deploying resources to meet transactional processing and working capital targets and objectives.
- Effectively managing the performance of the department and its employees to maximise key Accounts Payable metrics and Days Payable Outstanding.
- Prompt completion of management reports e.g. ageing analysis, KPIs, attendance etc.
- Minimising the number of supplier queries generated through the purchase order process, by enhancing the quality and accuracy of source data.
- Ensuring efficient completion of all control activities within Accounts Payable, including Supplier statement reconciliations, control account reconciliations, and GRNI management.
- Providing relevant information to key stakeholders as required, including reporting in respect of specific areas of spend, e.g. hospitality, non-PO spend.
- Leading the interactions between external suppliers and internal employees to proactively manage all elements of the Accounts Payable process.
- Maintaining positive supplier relationships to assist the overall department in achieving targets
- Providing payment requests to the Group Treasurer to facilitate accurate cashflow forecasting and timely payments to suppliers.
- Leading the business process development for all parts of the Accounts Payable cycle.
- Oversee all aspects of Payroll processing, including management of the Payroll team, and the relationship with externally outsourced payroll providers.
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to and that controls are effective.
- Leading the Department in regular reviews to improve Customer service, performance and productivity.
- Conducting employee 1-2-1 discussions on a regular basis
- Managing employee disciplinary issues in the department and report issues to the Head of Finance (UK & Ireland)/HR Business Partner
- Planning employee’s working schedules
- Ensuring that all employees receive an induction and training applicable to their role
- Monitoring and action recruitment needs, and employee performance on attendance/ absence and retention of employees
- Ensuring that employees are coached, trained and developed to meet company requirements and their own development needs.
To apply for the job you must:
- Have experience in a similar role within a large PLC environment
- Have proven examples of process improvement and change management
- Have experience of managing multiple large transactional teams effectively
- Have knowledge in working with ERP applications
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Have excellent communication skills both internally across distances and externally with supplier
- Have the ability to tailor communication to the appropriate audience.