Finance Manager - Group Payments
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 04 June 20192019-06-04 2019-08-03 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester Market Street GB M1 2PW GBP 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Finance Manager – Group Payments Large Retail Organisation based in Manchester City Centre Salary negotiable between £50 – 55, 000 per annum Fantastic opportunity to work with a leading brand within the retail sector. We have a permanent requirement for a Finance Manager to manage the supplier and colleague payment process for our clients Group Payments Function, ensuring the business, suppliers and colleagues receive an efficient service. You will ensure controls are adhered to and risks are mitigated; Providing actual/budget/forecast reporting to the business as required and ad-hoc analysis of payment trends/supplier analysis.
Skills and experience required:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA) or qualified by experience
- Strong experience of financial accounting processes including risk and control
- Previous experience of leadership of small to medium size teams is essential
- Awareness of developing and maintaining a framework of strong financial controls
- Excellent communication skills including Stakeholder Management both orally and written
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Excellent forward planning and organisational skills
- Network and partnering skills, impact and influence
- Ability to interrogate data, spotting trends, patterns and anomalies and advise accordingly
- Experience of large-scale payment processing and financial accounting operation.
- Good knowledge of controls, end-to-end accounting processes and the drivers of efficiency
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensure accurate and timely payments of approximately £450m per week across 6000 suppliers, ensuring service isn’t impacted due to delayed/non-payment of invoices.
- Management of the AP balance sheet reconciliation process for the Group. Ensuring all balance sheets and bibles are accurately and thoroughly updated and reviewed on bi-annual basis.
- Ensure all controls are adhered to when creating payments within Oracle, in line with the Control policy which is reviewed bi-annually.
- Execute payroll payments to ensure accurate and timely payments to 160,000 colleagues.
- Prepare balance sheet budgeting and forecasting for nominated AP balance sheet accounts with particular emphasis on trade creditors (£1.9 billion per period on average) and net debt impacts.
- Ensuring the periodic KPIs are accurately updated, highlighting any key achievements/issues in the department.
- Responsible for the production of the payment practice bi-annual reporting.
- Management of 7 FTE, including recruitment, coaching and performance. Ensuring 121s are held regularly and colleagues have a development plan in place
- Manage the operational relationship with banks and payment providers
- Develop strong business relationships with key suppliers and key colleagues in the business (Treasury, Trading, Group Finance and Procurement)
- Work with Internal/External audit and Government Agencies to ensure that the correct processes are being followed and controls adhered to
- Identify all resource risks; produce succession plan and training plans for the area to mitigate risks
- Responsible for ensuring the continuity plans are in place for high risk processes and relevant accesses are managed effectively.
For further information or to be considered for this position please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the link attached.