Assistant Financial Controller
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 24 May 20192019-05-24 2019-07-23 accountancy Crewe Cheshire GB GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Assistant Financial Controller Crewe, Cheshire Salary paying up £55, 000 per annum Robert Walters are partnering a global, cutting edge business in the search for an Assistant Financial Controller; this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business in a leadership role as an Assistant Financial Controller to oversee their European Accounting team.
- You will be fully ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified
- Experience of managing / supervising a finance team
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Advanced Excel skills – including experience of creating and using Pivot Tables and V-Look Up
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of interacting across all levels of the organisation including dealing with non-finance people to gather relevant information
- Experience of fostering strong working relationships within the finance team and across the organisation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Show an impressive attitude and not only take full responsibility for their duties but are enthusiastic to take on new challenges which will develop their own career.
European language skills would be beneficial however not essential.
The Assistant Financial Controller will be a key member of the finance team and be responsible for duties as follows:
- Ownership of the European management accounts providing analysis and insight into the country reporting
- Manage the annual audit process to ensure all audit requirements are met in accordance with the timetables of the European entities
- Identification of business risks and performance of monthly control procedures
- Responsible for all intercompany balances
- Production of weekly Management Reporting and analysis
- Production and presentation of monthly performance analysis
- Involvement in business improvement projects, as directed and as identified autonomously
- Develop and implement strong controls and procedures within the finance area, providing a strong base for the continued rapid growth of the business
- Support the tax and compliance manager ensuring all submission deadlines are met for both corporation tax and VAT
- Ad-hoc tasks to support the team
- Management and supervision of team members
- Helping to pass on your experience and knowledge to graduate trainees, thus maintaining the continuing ethos of the company to improve and promote within.