Senior Finance Manager
Salary £70,000 - £75,000 per annum
Consultant James Dwyer
Date posted 18 April 20192019-04-18 2019-06-17 accountancy Brentwood Essex GB GBP 70000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the senior management team of a business that is a leader in it's field. The successful person will be ambitious and driven, with great opportunities for progression offered with in the organisation.
Senior Finance Manager
Each regional business has a finance team that drives the commercial performance of their respective business and are responsible for providing valuable reports to our Group Finance team based in Head Office. Led by their Finance Director, each of these teams are vital to the financial structure of the organisation. Through quarterly forecasts and monthly accounts, they provide key data to the board and enable some of the most important strategic decisions for the business. The Senior Finance Manager is a senior role in the team, a proven individual with strong financial experience and responsibility for meeting strict deadline for records and reports.
What you will do:
• Manage and develop the Finance Team members
• Manage the submission of consolidated monthly actuals and forecast data to Group
• Preparation of monthly Board Reporting for the BU
• Drive development of the JV Accounting and Reporting function, supporting team members through JV accounting finance actives, modelling and monthly JV board pack preparation.
• Preparation of consolidated 2 Year Profit and Cashflow forecasts and projections
• Preparation of the 5-year biannual detailed business plan/forecast
• Review balance sheet reconciliations ensuring that any accounting anomalies are cleared on a timely basis.
• Account and forecast for the complex areas of notional interest on land acquisitions, land overage payables and closed sites.
• Review WIP and land recoverability reports and liaise with the commercial and land departments to resolve any over/ under-recovery issues.
• Monthly review of WIP commitment and spend commitment carried out in conjunction with the Commercial Manager
• Analysis of direct selling expenses reporting output to the Sales Director.
• Update Group Treasury with cash forecasts and advise of any significant unexpected cash movements.
• Preparation of annual statutory accounts and the annual tax packs.
• Liaise with external audit and manage the process of delivering information required.
• Review and manage VAT and CIS returns for accuracy before submission to Group Tax.
• Review and obtain sign-off for monthly payment runs and ensure they are in line with group limits.
What you will have:
• Previous experience in a similar level role within a finance team
• Experience of managing and developing a team of staff - preferred
• Qualified Accountant status – ACA, ACCA, CIMA
• Good working knowledge of MS Office and Excel in particular
• Previous experience in the construction industry - preferred
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.