Head of Payments & Income
Salary £60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Hugh Almond
Date posted 24 March 20192019-03-24 2019-05-23 property-and-housing Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 60000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
The Organisation Robert Walters are currently sourcing a Head of Payments & Income for a market leading organisation based in Greater Manchester. The client that we're representing are in a period of expansion and due to internal promotions require a departmental lead to oversee all aspects of the Shared Service Centre. The organisation have recognised the need to improve their internal financial processes and are in the midst of driving through a number of key initiatives. With an established leadership and transactional processing team already in place it is essential that the incoming individual is able to manage a large finance team and improve the existing controls that exist across the department.
With an established team in place the Head of Payments and Income plays a critical part in the success of the shared service centre. Once in role the candidate will report directly into the SSC Director and will be responsible for managing two distinct teams.
Further aspects of the role include:
- Lead a team of 20 plus individuals (including 4 managers) to deliver the payments and income function
- Deliver process improvements and efficiencies across current shared service centre function
- Implement improved controls across the SSC function
- Deliver a financial systems upgrade across the SSC
- Implement end to end reviews of current working practices and deliver improvements that can be rolled out
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders from across the organisation and deliver working updates on progress within the SSC
- Deliver financial reports, analysis and MI to the executive team
- Deliver improved training and mentoring across all team members
- Lead on all elements of recruitment and change across the SSC
Candidates wishing to apply for this role will be a CCAB qualified accountant with extensive experience of managing a team of 10 plus people within a Shared Service Centre environment. The candidate will have a proven track record in implementing improved controls, processes and delivering efficiencies within a SSC environment. Strong technical experience particularly within payables is essential for the incoming post holder as they’ll play a hands on role particularly with the divisions team leaders.
The successful candidate be highly proficient in Excel and will ideally have gone through a systems implementation / upgrade. Strong communication skills and the ability to present MI and complex analysis to the executive team is critical for the successful candidate. The ability to deliver well thought out plans and training to team members is essential to the role.