Consultant Richard Wood
Date posted 15 March 2019 2019-03-152019-05-13 transport-and-rail Wolverhampton West Midlands GB GBP Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Robert Walters are recruiting for a Finance Manager based in Wolverhampton. This is a great opportunity to join an award winning business with year on year growth.
The role will be to manage the day to day workload and performance for both the Group Accounts Payable (AP) and Group Credit Control (AR) functions. This will also include liaising with other internal departments and external stakeholders.
- Day to day management of both teams, allocating resource as required in order to ensure the departments key objectives are met;
- Provide an additional level of support/cover when team members are on holiday / ill and/or step in to assist the team in order to alleviate short term workload issues;
- Review the AP and AR ledgers on a monthly basis in order to identify potential errors / omissions. This includes supplier statement reconciliations, aged debt review and identifying debit/credit balances on the AP/AR ledger respectively.
- Act as the central point for any issues / queries raised by suppliers /customers. Take ownership for ensuring these issues are resolved in a timely manner, and to the satisfaction of our internal and external stakeholders;
- Drive continuous improvement within the teams, make recommendations to Financial Controller on how to improve efficiency and performance. Thereafter, implement these recommendations;
- Liaise with senior members of our Fleet department to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the data / document flow between the two departments;
- Involvement in implementation of new accounting package, due to be rolled out to the business in Autumn 2019. This will include amending current processes to align with the new system, stress testing the system prior to implementation, and training of staff prior to ‘go live’.
Key results and objectives
The key objectives are:
- Ensuring all purchase ledger invoices are approved in line with our delegated authority and, thereafter, ensure suppliers are paid to terms.
- Building a strong relationship with both suppliers and customers.
- Introducing KPIs for both AP & AR and reporting on these to board level. In addition, identify and implement the steps needed to improve these KPIs, as appropriate.
- Work with the credit control team to ensure that our Arrears Management Process is followed and delinquent debts are flagged as appropriate to the Credit and Risk Department. Take ownership for ensuring any debts which are in arrears are resolved, as appropriate.
- Ensure the AP and AR ledgers are up to date, accurate and key reconciliations are undertaken and reviewed on a monthly basis.
Requirements – Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge
- A minimum of 3 year's experience in both AP & AR or a minimum of 5 year's experience in 1 (preferably AP). At least 2 year's experience at a supervisory/team leader or manager level.
- Excellent and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven record in managing a medium sized team incorporating AR and AP.
- Able to show internal and external stakeholders the benefits of changes in procedural matters
- To improve our internal processes.
- Willingness to get involved with the day to day processing, as required. Ability to work within a multi-team environment and stand-alone role
- Able to use multiple IT systems in order to create reports on KPI performance Experience in reporting to Manager & Director Level