Salary £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 11 January 2019 2019-01-112019-03-12 hospitality-and-catering Liverpool Merseyside Mann Island GB L3 1BP GBP 30000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This rapidly expanding organisation in Liverpool city centre are looking for a newly qualified finance manager to join the business in a newly created role.
Reporting into a supportive Financial Controller, your core duties will include;
- Reviewing the income and costs posted by the part-qualified accounting team, challenging any variances to forecast
- Continually monitor, challenge and amend as necessary all revenue accounting entries and methodologies to ensure that the monthly accounting process is continually improved and meets the needs of the business.
- Detailed analysis of any periodic variances to forecast
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for the accurate collation and distribution of the weekly forecast to be distributed to the Board of Directors and the Operations
- Update the weekly forecast and distribute to the operational management for their review and comment
- Ensure forecasts are accurate and reflective of actual activity expected in the period
- Collating and distributing the final forecast to Operational Management and the Board
- Support monthly P&L reviews with operations, utilising the suite of financial and KPI reports available.
- Provide timely and detailed cost centre management information with explanations for cost variances.
- Supporting other Finance functions with the preparation of periodic and longer term forecasts and annual budgets, developing relationships with specific cost centre managers to facilitate an effective service to Operations.
- Assist with the assessment and implementation of new contracts from a revenue perspective, ensuring that the appropriate accounting treatments are implemented.
- Qualified accountant (preferably CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience working in a management accountant or finance manager position with some commercial responsibilities
- Previous experience in a fast moving, high volume, multi site environment
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast paced, changing finance environment and driving through change
- Proven ability to convey financial information to non financial managers in a coherent, confident manner.
- Proven analytical and reporting skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good accounting systems knowledge, gained through in-depth exposure to systems such as Oracle, SAP, CODA
- Ability to influence and support colleagues towards achieving business objectives
This is an exiting role for any qualified management accountant or finance manager looking for the opportunity to join a business in a broad role encompassing technical reporting & commercial finance business partnering. With the flexibility you'd expect from a newly created role, there are ample opportunities to tailor this role to the successful candidate, allowing for increased commercial exposure as the role continues to grow.