Finance Business Partner
Salary Up to £50,000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Matthew Earnshaw
Date posted 10 December 2018 2018-12-102019-02-08 accountancy UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
I am recruiting for a Varied all round Finance Business Partner job in Leeds. The role will cover all aspects of Commercial Accounting, Financial Accounting and Management Accounting. You will be an integral part of the team supporting the Business and Senior Management across the business.
Finance Business Partner Accountant – Leeds
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Finance Business Partner to join the finance team of a leading firm based in Leeds.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Finance Business Partner role is a new key member of the finance team to cover commercial and operational finance with a focus on risks, controls and processes. Based in Leeds, the incumbent will be supporting the accounting for the firm’s entities and developing new procedures and policies, with initial focus on the UK. The appointed candidate will strongly liaise with other commercial functions, as well as with the firm’s site finance teams in the Europe and internationally
The successful Finance Business Partner will also be required to:
- Support identification of key (financial and commercial) risks, establishment of a framework of key controls and to address improvement potentials in processes where required and as needed.
- Analyse and verify commercial processes from a finance perspective to ensure alignment with the identified risk profile and required key controls.
- Will follow up and ensure sustainable continuous improvements of the financial reporting and processes in other functions that have a direct link to finance, for example commercial processes.
- Support the Finance Director in establishing business partnering with the commercial functions and act as a liaison to all the company’s functions and sites.
- Organise and manage status of action plans to meet deadlines and compliance requirements.
- Prepare and follow-up on identified process related accounting matters, for example aged debt, payment terms, inventory levels and cash collection.
The ideal Candidate will be
Qualified Accountant either ACA , ACCA or CIMA with strong experience
- Strong knowledge of Management Accounting as well as Financial Accounting
- Commercial experience is desirable and the ability to liaise with Senior Management
- Strong Analysis and commercial acumen
- Some experience of Hyperion and knowledge of introducing procedures and implementing controls in a commercial environment.
- Team player with the willingness to outperform and to seek for solutions in a constrained environment – the successful candidate should want to grow into a team lead role in the next two to three years
- Open and honest with a driven personality.
- Flexible and determined with strong communication skills.
- Detail orientated with the ability to manage small improvement projects (around processes and procedures) within due deadlines.
- Passionate to operate effectively and efficiently in a changing environment.
- Generous Bonus -
- Fast Track Career progression - This role has a succession plan for promotion in month's to 2 years
- Generous Pension
- Free Parking
- 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
If this role is of interest then please apply online or speak with Matthew Earnshaw