Financial Reporting Manager
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Xavier Parisi
Date posted 07 December 2018 2018-12-07retail UK Robert Walters
A leading national retail business, based in Manchester city centre, are looking to recruit an experienced Financial Reporting Manager to assist them during an extremely busy period on a 12-15 month fixed term contract basis.
The Role and Responsiblities of the Financial Reporting Manager position will include:
- Ensure the Group Accounts at period end, half year end and year end continue to meet the requirements of all new and existing accounting standards.
- Complete period end consolidated Group and individual subsidiary income statements, reviewing to highlight anomalies and escalate to resolve.
- Detailed income statement calculations including revenue, VAT, product margin postings with reconciliation and review of debtor, stock, payroll and all opex headings at every period, half year and year end.
- Production of income statement, balance sheet and cashflow reporting for period end Trade.
- Performance Review submissions to the board with associated analytical review narrative.
- Review the accounting for all external finance arrangements with the Group’s banks, ensuring all covenant requirements are maintained.
- Oversee the weekly / monthly reporting requirements in close partnership with the financial services team.
- Oversee the calculation of actual, budget and forecasted derivative financial instrument assets & liabilities, reviewing both balance sheet and income statement disclosures
- Oversee the preparation and agreement with auditors of all subsidiary annual statutory financial statements with onward submission to Companies House.
- Lead and manage other divisional commercial finance business partners through the half yearly audit processes and associated statutory reporting.
- Oversee exceptional cost reporting and reconciliation, liaising with financial services team to manage and reconcile the customer redress provisions and cashflow forecasts.
- Continue ongoing project work on Procure to Pay project with a view to simplifying the purchasing process for the whole Group.
The successful individual will;
- Be ideally CIMA / ACCA qualified or QBE and overseas equivalent
- Have a proven track record within a reporting role
- Have strong excel and systems skills
- Prior experience of using an ERP will be beneficial
- Be available at short notice
If you would like to apply for this Financial Reporting Manager role or find out more, please apply online or contact Xavier Parisi at Robert Walters on email@example.com or 0161 214 7405.