Enterprise Development Manager
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Dan Cohen
Date posted 20 November 2018 2018-11-202019-01-19 agriculture-fishing-and-forestry UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
My Client is a social impact investor and project developer in the agricultural space. With a strong foothold in sub-Saharan Africa, the company are now looking for an Enterprise Development Manager so manage the finances and investments for a variety of companies. The exposure on offer to candidates is both mixed and broad.
My Client is a social impact investor and project developer in the agricultural space. With a strong foothold in sub-Saharan Africa, the company are now looking for an Enterprise Development Manager so manage the finances and investments for a variety of companies. The exposure on offer to candidates is both mixed and broad. Key therefore to managing the Enterprise and Development team is previous experience to working with companies based in the African region.
Travel: Travel to Africa will be required 25%-35% of the time
Package: £50k-£60k + competitive bonus & benefits
Qualification Type: Full ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Key member of the Enterprise Development Team providing accounting and financial expertise to support the work of Investment teams at all stages of the investment process.
- Delivery of Enterprise Development projects to workplan budgets and timelines.
- Development and maintenance of a network of finance, tax, commercial analysis and accounting professionals across African countries.
- Assist with the training and development of in-house staff.
- Assistance with budgeting, reporting and strategy for the work of the Enterprise Development Team.
- Assisting locally based investment teams with the financial due diligence of potential investees, with a specific focus on accounting, tax and governance issues. Co-ordinating external financial and tax due diligence exercises.
- Performing systems and controls reviews of investee entities and collaborating with finance team members to create finance improvement plans.
- Provision of technical assistance for defined projects with investee businesses, including upgrading systems and controls, specific issue resolution.
- Assisting with accounting, financial and taxation issues in the set-up of new agri-businesses. Including the design, implementation and ongoing monitoring of policies and procedures, setting up systems and procedures, monitoring progress against objectives and troubleshooting.
- Opportunity to progress to taking roles in Audit committees or CFO style support in African agri-businesses.
- A recognised professional accounting qualification (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Experience working/living in Africa for sustained periods of time is essential
- At least three years post-qualification experience.
- Proven technical ability and experience a range of reporting standards i.e. IFRS, UK GAAP and other.
For more information on this opportunity and the company’s profile, please get in touch on either 0207 509 8139 or 07770685125. Alternativley, please email an updated version of your CV to Daniel.email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you,