Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 04 September 2018 2018-09-042018-10-04 building-and-construction UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This well-established, but continually growing organisation in Liverpool are looking for an experienced Finance Manager who is immediately available to join their organisation on a 9 month fixed term contract.
Reporting to the head of finance, your core duties will include;
- Perform complex financial planning, analysis and reporting to support the preparation of actuals performance reporting, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide financial insight and analysis to support senior business management, including
- Undertake complex modelling, scenario planning, business case preparation and option appraisal to support decision making.
- Ensure financial performance variances are monitored and tracked; review and discuss with finance business partners, prepare quarterly forecasting for commentary and propose action to improve business performance.
- Ensure that the business has robust financial data by reviewing and validating its integrity and quality.
- Input into statutory, regulatory or other external reporting as directed, (either specific to the business area or corporate).
- Monitor the service provided to finance business partners and senior budget holders, promoting good financial and business management, accountability, efficiency and value for money.
- Implement continuous improvements to the planning, forecasting and reporting processes as directed; contributing to the improvement of other finance processes and services where required.
- Respond to queries from multiple stakeholders, ensuring that the response is timely and compliant with the relevant process and control procedures and frameworks.
- Provide day-to-day management of finance analysts and support staff as and when required.
- Previous experience in a Finance Manager role, managing a small team, would be beneficial
- Ideally a fully CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA qualified accountant (or equivalent)
- Strong background in analysis, with a proven track record of financial planning and reporting
- Excellent communicator, able to professionally and effectively challenge stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
This is an excellent opportunity for any immediately available Finance Manager looking for a longer term Fixed Term Contract with a well-established business with an excellent reputation throughout Merseyside.