Supply Chain Finance Manager – Europe
Salary £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant Katherine Allwood
Date posted 30 July 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
PZ Cussons has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Supply Chain Finance Manager for Europe, a key role for the company as they continue to grow their European business. The role will be based across both the Agecroft Factory, and the Wythenshawe UK Head Office.
You will be working closely with business partners in the factories you will be looking after, from an operational perspective and in Head Office. You will be working closely with these stakeholders to ensure the supply chain process is running efficiently; providing value add work in order to guide and influence; looking after regular reporting and consolidation of results; and managing a team day-to-day.
What will truly make a candidate stand out for this role is a well-rounded accountant with the ability to have a commercial outlook at all times, alongside strong business partnering and leadership skills.
About PZ Cussons
PZ Cussons are a FTSE listed FMCG business, with their UK head office based in Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester. They have over 130 years’ experience of expertise in their field and operate in the UK and on an international basis in developed and emerging markets. They have a real passion for their brands, which include well known household names within the UK such as Carex, Imperial Leather and Original Source.
The PZ Cussons’ CANDO approach, their core business values, is something they look for in every hire they make as a business. This stands for someone who has: Courage, Accountability, Networking, Drive and Oneness. This is the approach they want all their staff members to take throughout their work.
Due to the size of the business and its European operations, there is a dedicated Supply Chain Finance team at PZ Cussons, which sits in their matrix structure. This team works closely with the wider finance team and the supply chain team, alongside key work from an operational basis in the factory. This role will be managing a cost base of around £100m in the UK.
About the role
This is a very varied role and will give someone the opportunity to put their own stamp on it. The core part of the position will include the following tasks:
- Managing all budgeting and forecasting processes for the Supply Chain area of the business. This will include managing the budgets throughout the year.
- Involvement in all aspects of costings, product development and the manufacturing process will be part of this business partnering side. You must be comfortable to challenge and push back when required.
- Working on business cases with the rest of the business, to ensure all new products and any product development is costed correctly and any areas of risk are highlighted.
- Mitigating risks to the business throughout the production process, including influencing operational process changes as required.
- Supporting margin improvement processes, improving both spend efficiencies and minimising waste through this.
- Creating accurate costing analysis, including commentary, which you will then present to the Supply Chain and rest of business as required.
- Co-ordinating monthly regular finance reporting, including some consolidation work. Also supporting the CAPEX account production, ensuring all compliance is met.
- Communicating the finance performance of the Supply Chain division to the wider business, both in presentation and in formal written documentation.
- Involvement with working towards and developing the businesses strategic plan for PZ Cussons.
- Managing a team on a day-to-day basis, including further development of the team members.
- Other project work as required, including ongoing improvements to the newly implemented SAP system.
- Qualified Accountant
- Supply Chain or FMCG experience in a finance capacity to be able to quickly add value to the operational processes and understand where improvements can be made
- A real interest in the manufacturing and supply chain processes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced reactive environment
- Previous experience of SAP or BPC
- Broad finance experience including commercial and business partnering
- Strong business partnering skills
- Ability to challenge and push back when required
- Comfortable working with a range of stakeholders outside of finance (both within the Group function and manufacturing sites) and in different locations
- Proven leadership experience
- Personality is key – you must be autonomous, a self-starter and able to build relationships easily across a business
There is scope for this role to develop over time, and there is a clear path of succession for the successful candidate.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-regarded business in the North West and make the role your own. PZ Cussons are looking for a strong candidate who can add value straight away to this business unit and become an integral part to the team.
For more information on this exciting role please contact Katherine Allwood on:
Katherine.email@example.com or apply via the link below.
Any third-party applications will be sent directly to Robert Walters.