Finance Buisness Partner- European Supply Chain
Salary £48,000 - £55,000 per annum + bonus, good pension, healthcare
Consultant Robert Patterson
Date posted 12 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Ball Corporation, a market leading multi-national business, has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit an innovative and motivated Finance Business Partner to join the team based in Luton (European HQ). As the Finance Business Partner, you will take ownership for a large European remit specialising in Supply chain and Metal distribution, working closely with senior procurement directors offering both top and bottom line improvements across a fast-paced remit.
As the Finance Business Partner, you will take ownership for a large European remit specialising in Supply chain and Metal distribution, working closely with senior procurement directors offering both top and bottom line improvements across a fast-paced remit.
Ball Corporation manufactures metal packaging for beverage, food and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We are headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado, but our reach is global with 15,000 employees worldwide. We have a rich history of innovation and success, but our true achievement is the value we place on our people, with organic progression for candidates at the heart of the business.
Finance Business Partner- key role responsibilities:
- Responsible for the analysis and management of metal and European revenue streams within a large distribution network across the UK and EU. Large cost base excess 100 million.
- Responsibility for management reporting analysis on metal vs. budget / prior year, including the impacts of metal FX, premium, and pass-through variances on customer metal.
- Business partner procurement and supply chain directors to deliver cost saving insights throughout the end to end distribution process. Be able to influence up to senior director level within operations would be highly desirable.
- Responsibility for maintaining the metal hedge and FX databases including preparation of metal exposure flows analysis
- Proactive analysis of commodity and non-commodity exposures to proactively support hedge decisions at the Metal Committee and interactions with supply chain directors.
- Supporting European finance teams to manage lower risk FX exposures and support FX reporting in the management accounts
- Calculation and validation of standard costs for European business
- Calculation of quarterly standard cost to actual cost inventory valuation
- Calculation and analysis of SCMC stock obsolescence provision including proactive liaison with Customer Fulfilment to ensure all inventory related business risks identified and mitigated
- Preparation of month-end analysis and reporting of SCMC numbers (including SCMC Flash analysis), supporting local procurement directors
- Strong involvement on budgeting/forecasting/reporting of large P/L cost base within Metal and Supply chain.
- EU Executive team, Corporate HQ US, Procurement and operation Directors, Commercial senior teams, VP finance and Finance Directors, EU customers and vendors.
Finance Manager key role requirements:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or overseas equivalent)
- University Degree
- Managing within a multi-national finance environment.
- Experience of working with partnering executive/board level members, ability to influence key business decisions is critical
- Manufacturing/FMCG/Multisite Retail exposure desirable.
- Strong team player with inter-personal and inter-cultural sensitivity
- Drives for results- creating a culture of continuous improvement
- Strong analytical thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Confidence to interact with and challenge colleagues from other departments, and with plants (at all levels)
If you are interested in applying for this position contact Robert Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 (0)1908 044 012