Assistant Finance Manager
Salary Multiple Benefits
Consultant James Owen
Date posted 28 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Robert Walters have recently partnered with a continually growing online retail organisation based in Bolton who are looking for a talented newly qualified accountant to join their logistics division as an Assistant Finance Manager with fantastic career prospects.
Robert Walters have recently partnered with a large online retail organisation based in Bolton who are looking for a talented qualified accountant to join their logistics division as an Assistant Finance Manager.
The company we're working with are all about personal progression and given their growth over the last few years new opportunities are becoming available all the time. From a start up less than 20 years ago to turning over more than £700m in 2017 they are a growing organisation with a great office culture with plenty of unique added benefits.
This role would be a fantastic first move for a newly qualified accountant looking to make their first move outside of practice or an industry qualified accountant alike. The company offer unparalleled prospects and look to support every individual with their career plans and prospects. The role has become vacant due to the internal progression of the last person recruited into this role.
Role and Responsibilities
Weekly P&L forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts
- Production and ownership of the month end management accounts including review of your team’s work
- Control account reconciliations
- Weekly debtor reviews
- Analyse variances between monthly forecasts and budget to actuals
- Production of VAT returns each quarter
- Cash flow review daily
- Managing two direct reports
- Production of monthly accounts pack and annual statutory accounts under IFRS
- Production of PSA returns from HMRC
- Monthly review of overheads
Requirements and Qualifications
- Recently Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Excel Experience (sumifs, vlookup, pivots)
- Confident demenour with the ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders
- Ability to take ownership of tasks
- Great time management to achieve task completion self-manage effectively
- Able to coach others to higher levels of performance, offering encouragement and support so they view change as an opportunity for growth
- Listens for understanding and expresses information clearly and concisely
- Demonstrates creative thinking when solving problems, establishes the issue and options available and has confidence in decision making
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, focuses on a 'can do' way of thinking, and is willing to accept new challenges
If this sounds like you and you would like a confidential conversation surrounding this role or others, please reply directly to this advert with your latest CV or alternatively contact me directly at James.Owen@RobertWalters.com