Salary £38,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant James Owen
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Robert Walters have recently partnered with a continually growing retail organisation based in Bolton who are looking for a talented qualified accountant to join their logistics division as a Finance Manager with fantastic career prospects. Within this role you will gain valuable experience in all aspects of financial accounting including forecasting and both statutory and management accounts.
Robert Walters have recently partnered with a continually growing retail organisation based in Bolton who are looking for a talented qualified accountant to join their logistics division as a Finance Manager with fantastic progression prospects. Within this role you will gain valuable experience in all aspects of financial accounting including forecasting and both statutory and management accounts.
Reporting directly to the divisional Finance Manager you will also take on the management responsibilities of a two-person team. To be successful in this role you will need to be very technically minded and enjoy the more technically challenging aspects of accounting. While this role is predominantly based in Bolton you will need to be willing to travel to their main logistics depot based in Crewe two days each week.
The company we're working with are all about personal progression and given their growth over the last few years new opportunities are becoming available all the time. From a start up less than 20 years ago to turning over more than £700m in 2017 they are a growing organisation with a great office culture with plenty of unique added benefits.
Your new role and responsibilities
Weekly P&L forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts
- Production and ownership of the month end management accounts including review of your team’s work
- Control account reconciliations
- Weekly debtor reviews
- Analyse variances between monthly forecasts and budget to actuals
- Production of VAT returns each quarter
- Cash flow review daily
- Managing two direct reports
- Production of monthly accounts pack and annual statutory accounts under IFRS
- Production of PSA returns from HMRC
- Monthly review of overheads
- Ad hoc tasks where required
Requirements and Qualifications
This role would be a fantastic first move for a newly qualified accountant looking to make their first move outside of practice or an industry qualified accountant alike. The company offer unparalleled prospects and look to support every individual with their career plans and prospects.
- Recently Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Extensive Excel Experience
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders
- Ability to take ownership of tasks
- Great time management to achieve task completion self-manage effectively
- Track record of coaching others to higher levels of performance, offering encouragement and support so they view change as an opportunity for growth
- Listens for understanding and expresses information clearly and concisely
- Confident decision maker able to think outside of the box
- Consistently positive attitude who enjoys embracing change
If this sounds like you and you would like a confidential conversation surrounding this role or others, please reply directly to this advert with your latest CV or alternatively contact me directly at James.Owen@RobertWalters.com