Commercial Finance Manager
Consultant Rikesh Mehta
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Soul Foods Group has partnered with Robert Walters to hire a Commercial Finance Manager to join their team based in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire.
Soul Foods Group of Companies is a family owned business, established in the UK but now with an established portfolio in Canada, comprising of three global brands, KFC, Starbucks and Taco Bell, totalling over 380 Restaurants.
Our mission is make a difference to people’s lives, their opportunities and their communities through great tasting food and coffee. Our vision is to build a global Food and Coffee business, rewarding an engaged and diverse workforce with career and life development opportunities, connecting with communities through great tasting food and coffee and making a difference by giving back in abundance.
We are looking for a high calibre Commercial Finance Manager to help develop and lead the commercial finance and risk management strategies for the Soul Foods Group franchised stores in the UK, bringing focus on priorities to drive profitability, accountable for the UK business Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Insights, Investment Appraisals, Supplier contract reviews, Management Reporting, Asset Protection and safe guarding the profitability of the business.
- Take ownership of the analytics, budgeting, forecasting and financial planning for both Soul Foods Group UK brands
- Finance Business Partner to Operations, Development, HR Directors, providing data driven business insights into margins and providing a foundation for forward planning and enhanced financial decision making
- Monitor the external environment and scenario planning to anticipate business impact / needs
- Oversee and lead the planning and execution of Menu Pricing strategies
- Run store commercial contracts reviews and cost challenge initiatives
- Help develop sales and profit driving initiatives along with the associated performance reporting and appraisals
- Develop strategies for restaurant targets, scorecards and manage the store financial incentive programs
- Risk management and Asset Protection oversight for Soul Foods Group UK brands
- Support new store and major Re-Investment appraisals, capital planning and post audit performance analysis to optimize the use of capital and resources
- Lead the development and oversight of the businesses Management Information reporting tools
- Manage and develop a small team
What we are looking for at Soul Foods Group
- Qualified Accountant with 3+ years PQE in CIMA
- Previous experience working in Commercial Finance/Business Partnering/Operational Finance/FP&A roles
- Experience working within a medium to large multi-site Retail/FMCG organisation
- Strong systems skills, including advanced Excel
Are you a Soul Foods Group Fit?
- Self-starter with ‘Can Do’ attitude who can work independently and lead a small team
- Proven track record of: building relationships, influencing decision making and leading commercial projects
- Ability to switch between strategic and operational thinking to help drive the business forward
- Highly analytical with a strong commercial awareness and business acumen
- Ability to explain complex finance matters to non-finance business partners
- A flair for presenting financial data in a concise and actionable format, written, visually and verbally
- Comfortable working in an environment of consistently competing priorities
- Flexibility to travel
We are looking for the best-in-market Commercial Finance Manager! A highly talented individual to join our growing business with the right combination of business awareness, analytical insight and commercial acumen to help drive our business forward. With the ability to strive for results, maximise resources, add value and increase profitability, our staff should be passionate, care about what they do and have a real sense of fun!
Robert Walters is proud to be working exclusively with Soul Foods Group. All applications will be reviewed by Rikesh Mehta.
Please note, any 3rd party CVs submitted via other Recruitment Agencies to Soul Foods Group will act as representation through Robert Walters.