General Ledger Manager
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 11 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
This large household name business on the outskirts of Liverpool City Centre are looking for a General Ledger Manager to join their organisation with opportunities for progression long term progression & development.
Working in a growing Shared Service Centre, managing a small team, your areas core accountability's will include;
- Completion of the monthly trial balance and balance sheet reconciliation process including production of all relevant reports
- Completion of the regular complex bank account reconciliation process
- Timely completion of the monthly VAT submission process for all VAT groups, acting as transactional point of contact with HMRC and filing of HMRC statutory returns for all divisions in accordance with pre agreed timescales.
- Completion of the monthly and weekly Payroll upload and reconciliation process including the year end P11d process
- Completion intercompany account reconciliations and resolution of any queries
- Assist with year end and half year end audit preparations
- Reconciliation of supplier statements as identified by Divisional Finance Managers
- Completion of the current third party reconciliations process ensuring reports are run through the month, actions addressed and resolved and where applicable refunds are actively chased.
- Active involvement in process improvements ensuring excellent delivery of deliverables across the SSC.
- Proven experience of working in a month end focused General Ledger or RTR role within a Finance Shared Service Centre
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager or General Ledger Manager role, supervising a small team of staff
- Excellent understanding of internal controls and compliance
- Recent working knowledge of VAT & Payroll issues
- Proven ability to deliver outputs to time and quality in a challenging environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders both inside and external to Finance.
- Ideally CIMA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) or have relevant experience
This is an excellent opportunity for join an organisation with long term opportunities for development and ample process improvement & internal projects. This is ideal for any current Senior General Ledger Accountant or General Ledger Team Lead to step up into a bigger role within a growing organisation.