German speaking Group Financial Controls Business Partner
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum + 20% + Travel
Location West Sussex
Consultant Tom Barlow
Date posted 08 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client is a multinational travel business with their UK Head Office based in Sussex. Due to a recent growth, they are looking to appoint a German speaking Group Financial Controls Business Partner to report into the Head of Financial Compliance. With the opportunity for a lot of international travel, the Group Financial Controls Business Partner will lead and manage strong compliance requirements and need to have an appetite for a robust control environment across this progressive, complex and diverse group of businesses. This is being delivered through the rollout group-wide of an internationally-accepted enterprise risk management framework.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic, vibrant environment with great exposure to senior management.
Duties will include:
- Perform an annual programme of balance sheet and financial control reviews at businesses to ensure that balance sheets are correctly stated and balances justifiable
- Support businesses to ensure the controls are in place, operating effectively and appropriately evidenced
- At larger businesses, test the operation of critical controls and/or review testing performed by the local teams as part of the overall monitoring framework
- The above will likely entail a reasonable amount of overseas travel (circa 40% on average) and working independently but with central support
- Verify quarterly control checklist responses to ensure full compliance and sign-off by businesses
- Conduct desktop financial reviews / prepare and analyse KPIs for smaller business units
- Assist in the preparation of reports to senior management detailing work conducted and results found from the balance sheet and financial controls review programme and control checklist response verifications.
- Involvement in various ad hoc projects as required.
The successful candidate should ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or overseas equivalent).
- Qualified accountant / risk management professional with strong proven academic record from blue chip / Top 20 firm background. Ideally 1st or 2nd class degree, with experience in internal or external audit.
- A good level of business German is compulsory
- Experience of large, complex organisations and small businesses.
- Strong current technical accounting skills (IFRS, UK GAAP, etc).
- Ability to develop strong relationships across the organisation and maintain credibility with a range of stakeholders.
- Skilled communicator, both face-to-face and via report writing.
- Experience of change projects and / or ability to operate in highly fluid environment.
- Good project and time management skills; able to complete tasks to challenging deadlines.
- IT systems knowledge / experience desirable
- Likely to have experience of consumer-facing industries (eg leisure, retail)
Our client is a market leader that has a reputation for nurturing and developing their employees and providing long term career opportunities.
If this is a role you would be interested in please get in touch with me on 07835835825 or firstname.lastname@example.org