Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant James Dwyer
Date posted 22 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Our client, a leading player in its field, require a permanent Finance Manager (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) to be accountable for the preparation and presentation of accurate and timely, weekly management accounts as well as other information as required. You will also manage the accounts payable and admin function (2 direct reports). This includes preparation, review and management of a number of weekly, monthly and other duties.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Finance Manager’s duties will include:
- Responsible for the preparation of weekly results and KPI’s – accurately delivered to strict deadlines
- Responsible for managing weekly forecasting of financial performance
- Responsible for ensuring all actions that result from weekly reporting are followed through in a timely manner
- Work closely with sales and business development to cost and assess new business.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, providing detailed analysis of performance, trends and variance
- Provide support to the reporting process through analysis of large volumes of data.
- Aid in general accounting and reporting
- Aid in budget preparation
- Reporting and monitoring of performance accurately against Budget
- Responsible for ensuring financial compliance is monitored with internal controls
- Identify and implement system enhancements to improve efficiency
- Produce enhanced budgeting and forecasting systems to improve targeting and commercial focus
- Assist with year-end audit and tax work
- Ad hoc reporting to be completed on a regular basis
- Ad hoc project work and cost analysis and reduction reviews
- Manage and mentor a team composed of an account payable person and an admin trainee accountant
Experience & skills required
- French speaker necessary, Spanish speaker a plus
- Qualified Accountant or similar qualification with a minimum 2 -3 years post qualification experience
- Previous experience in a similar role in the FMCG industry & previous management experience
- Ideally somebody with experience in a multi-currency environment.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex data in a concise easy to understand way for non-financial managers.
- Ability to plan and organise
- Ability to handle detailed information/data accurately
Trading for nearly 90 years, this company is well established in its field with multiple locations in the UK and Europe. This is a vibrant company that is culture focused for employees and has very strong core values, these are demonstrated and driven from within the management right through the organisation. If you are interested in this position, and feel your skills match the above criteria, I’d like to hear from you. Please do send an updated CV to email@example.com