Finance Buiness Partner
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 09 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An excellent opportunity to work for an employer of choice, and market leading business as Finance Business Partner, supporting the commercial teams and divisions, driving growth, profit and strategic initiatives. Based in Hertfordshire.
My client, a market leader and FTSE 100 listed retail/FMCG business, based in Hertfordshire, require a commercial Finance Business Partner, on a fixed term contract basis for a period of 12 months, supporting the commercial teams across four product divisions – ensuring best value to customers, driving innovation and insight to drive profit, and growth.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Pro-actively support and drive strategic initiatives
- Support business cases (e.g. capital, new range, new suppliers, etc)
- Overlay commercial acumen on analysis performed by FP&A teams to drive insights and decision support.
- Constructively challenge and recommend changes to the business underpinned by sound financial expertise.
- Review, adjust and communicate strategic and operational plans to the relevant commercial and operations teams.
- Lead business/operational plan reviews to ensure plan reflect business reality, & appraises current performance.
- Help create choices and provide decision support to close performance gaps.
- Leverage insight to drive improvements across the divisions
- Support working capital reduction programs
- Support and drive supplier insight and initiatives
- Building strong relationships across all Finance and Divisional teams
- Inspiring great performance and fostering a motivated and collaborative team environment
The Ideal Candidate
This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts customers first.
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Finance experience in driving strategic priorities in large complex organisations
- Experience of engaging and working with senior business stakeholders
- Background from the retail or FMCG sector/industry highly desirable
- Highly evolved financial analysis skills
- Shaping Strategy
- Commercial Awareness
- Trust & Integrity
- Change Management
- Analysis & Insight
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
If you feel you meet the above criteria and have the relevant experience, are available immediately, or on short notice, then please do apply for the role and send an updated CV to email@example.com