Commercial Finance Manager
Salary £55,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Jim Brown
Date posted 26 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
The Finance Manager reports to the head of FP&A. The objective of the role is to manage the end to end revenue recognition process for the UK. Your main responsibilities are to make a difference to the reporting and to mentor and train the team to be Commercial business partners. The ideal candidate will be commercially minded and able to work on their own initiative.
Commercial Finance Manager - Central London
Responsibilities of the role
* To oversee the accurate recording of billings and income on a monthly basis in line with the business’s revenue recognition policy.
* To oversee the monthly consolidation of income and Cartesis reporting.
* To lead the budget / reforecast and consolidation of income including review and challenge of assumptions with the client/SuperGroup leads.
* To oversee the production of the monthly SuperGroup and MA packs, reviewing each pack upon completion and attending monthly reviews.
* To work with the Head of FP&A to design and implement best in class management reporting pack, tailored to the agency’s requirements.
* To work with the Management Accountants to enhance the level of their analysis, including leading best practise sessions in this area.
* To be responsible for the management and revenue relating to Non client revenue including Media credits, Adserving, Inventory, Barter and Rebates
* To train the Management Accountants to understand and monitor the contractual requirements of their clients
* To ensure that key contractual terms are complied with
* To assist the Financial Controller in ensuring that a robust set of internal controls is maintained and that the control environment remains strong
* Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or Equivalent)
* An understanding of the media and communications industry is desirable
* Strong and well established people management skills
* Ambitious and commercial mindset