Salary £65000 - £75000 per annum + Car Allowance & Benefits
Consultant Luke Higgs
Date posted 17 February 2017
Marel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the poultry, meat and fish industries. Their team is comprised of approximately 4,600 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors. Marel are constantly looking for opportunities to increase the productivity of there customers, within the bounds of quality and innovation.
As the Finance Manager you will be responsible for the overall finance activities in the United Kingdom and Ireland. In this role you will report to the Corporate Control Director with dotted reporting lines to the Regional General Manager UK & Ireland.
The main objectives of the UK Finance Manager are:
- Implement the new financial control structure
- As a business partner, you are involved in decision making, support and participation in the change process
- Timely and accurate reporting the regions financial status
- Main contact on the UK for the Corporate Control Director and Global Business Controllers
As Finance Manager you will manage the financial administration of the respective companies in the UK and you will provide financial information and advice to the management team. You will thereby contribute to improve and monitor the accuracy of the figures in the respective companies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading and organising the finance department with a key role in development and coaching of the finance team
- Responsibility for timely, complete and correct month end close process, including timely reporting to corporate and local management, ensuring proper supporting documentation is available
- Performing month end close activities in line with IFRS and Marel accounting guidelines and implement new accounting and reporting requirements into systems and processes
- Securing compliance with corporate policies and guidelines as well as local laws and legislation
- Implementing new / changing accounting and reporting requirements as instructed by corporate
- Directing annual budgeting process for UK entities and providing expert knowledge on cost control and financial management
- Preparing and analysing accounts of the UK entities and KPI’s for actual budget and forecast
- Establishing, standardising and promoting financial best practices / efficiency in processes to achieve operational excellence.
- Directing comprehensive financial performance analysis to gain insight into business trends and identifying key drivers of business for achieving budget
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or overseas equivalent) with relevant experience in a similar position within the manufacturing industry and in an international environment.. You should have strong leadership and influencing skills to build and manage relationships with key stakeholders across the business. The position demands an individual with leadership, problem solving, analytical and change management skills. You need to have an in-depth knowledge of business processes and strong analytical and organisational skills. Besides that you need to have a ‘ big picture’ approach with the ability to drill down to fine details. And the ability to understand, synthesise and organise complex technical information into simpler language.
Working at Marel means working at a multinational with many chances to develop yourself. You get the opportunity to work internationally and with large projects. Marel offers you plenty of space to develop yourself. The informal atmosphere gives you the opportunity to take responsibility and show initiative. You will of course be supported and supervised by the organisation. At Marel the challenges are there for the taking.
All 3rd party CVs will be forwarded to Robert Walters
Please apply for this role by sending your CV to Luke Higgs at firstname.lastname@example.org