Syndicate Financial Reporting Manager
Salary £70000 - £85000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Jenny Redman
Date posted 09 February 2017
A well reputed Insurance firm operating in General Insurance and the Lloyd’s market is looking to hire a highly skilled and results-driven Syndicate Financial Reporting Manager with specialist knowledge of insurance accounting under IFRS and UK GAAP.
You will be responsible for the management of year end financial and monthly management accounts for the company’s Lloyd’s syndicates, managing agency and related capital provider.
Principal accountabilities will include:
- Preparing management, regulatory and statutory accounts for the entities. Including adherence to the group wide reporting timetables and Group reporting standards and IFRS reporting
- Operating effective oversight of financial processes and controls for the entities
- Delivery of accurate financial information to the Reporting, Planning and Analytics team under the Service Level Agreement in place
- Responsible for managing a team of approximately six staff in London and will be expected to look for operational efficiencies and improvements wherever possible
You will have:
- Preferably a chartered accountant or have an equivalent suitable qualification
- Have gained strong knowledge of insurance accounting under IFRS and UK GAAP and the ability to analyse financial information to ensure quality submission results
- Have gained strong experience in people management preferably having managed 4 or more staff members
- Be capable of thoroughly understanding financial systems, EUCs and reporting tools
- Posses an understanding of financial close processes
- Have extensive experience in strong financial controls
- Possess strong communication skills
This is an excellent role for a passionate, results-driven Finance Manager to join a leading independent Insurer.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.