Salary £42000 - £47000 per annum
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 28 November 2016
A leading technology and innovation business based in Royston is seeking an experienced interim Accounting Manager for a period of 12 months to work in the Financial Accounting team in their Finance Shared Service department.
The Accounting Manager will manage the international trading entities and will be responsible for:
- Managing month end close – ensuring all general ledger activities including fixed assets, accruals, prepayments and intercompany processes are timely and accurately performed
- Preparing monthly reporting packs with analysis and commentary for each entity under UK GAAP
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing or managing the preparation of the statutory accounts by their outsource providers
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of VAT and local sales tax returns, other local government statutory and statistical reporting
- Preparing information packs for the external audit and managing the audit process
- Supervising one Accounting Assistant in the team
- Degree Qualification BSc / BA
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or newly qualified
- Proven role related experience
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials accounting package preferred but not essential
- Excellent Excel and spreadsheet skills
- Strong attention to detail & highly organised
- Experience of a large company and a multinational organisation
- An individual with a ‘hands on’ attitude and an intellect to drill in to transactional detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise and respond to multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
The business offers a fast paced and competitive culture with strong succession planning opportunities, and this role is being recruited due to a promotion in the business. You will have the opportunity to progress further within the role or alternatively in to the wider business.
If you are interested in this position, and feel your skills match the above criteria, I’d like to hear from you. Please do send an updated CV to email@example.com