Assistant Pensions Finance Manager
Salary £28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent
Consultant Alexandra Parr
Date posted 28 November 2016
A Global media business based in Preston are looking for an Assistant Pensions Finance Manager to join their busy team for an exciting opportunity. Working closely with the Pension Scheme Finance Manager in providing the financial accounting for the companies Pension Scheme with the effective reporting to the Trustee and Company (as required), in order to meet Scheme and department objectives and to ensure statutory and corporate compliance.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Pensions Finance Manager:
- Preparation and day to day running of financial information to meet the requirements identified by the Trustee and Pensions Executive; including, but not limited to, DB (including the investment accounting aspects especially the longevity swap and associated collateral monitoring and managing the cash flow requirements) and DC aspects and preparing timely and consistent monthly and quarterly reporting
- Assisting in the preparation of annual pension scheme accounts that are agreed by the scheme auditors
- Monitoring all expenditure incurred in running the Pension Scheme, including professional fees and preparation of information for regular monthly monitoring to the Scheme Secretary and quarterly reporting of actual costs and forecasting to Scheme Secretary and Trustee Chairs
- Preparation of all aspects of VAT and taxation and self-assessment tax returns, etc
- Prepare and maintain with the Pension Scheme Finance Manager appropriate procedures manuals to ensure that work is processed correctly and in accordance with the specified requirements
- Monitoring of receipt of contributions in line with relevant schedules of contributions, etc and resolving any issues arising
- Deputise for the Pension Scheme Finance Manager, as required, including attendance at Audit and Operation Committee meetings and meetings with advisers
Skills and experience:
- Partly qualified accountant and likely to have 5 years’ experience or, if an exceptional candidate, evidence of qualification by experience especially in Pension finance
- Strong knowledge/experience of statutory accounting and up to date knowledge of regulatory changes
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Excel skills
- Resilient and flexible
This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Pensions Finance Manager to join a Global media organisation with excellent routes for progression and development.
If this is something you might be interested I'd love to here from you! please email me with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring me on 0161 214 7436.