Head of Financial Reporting
Salary £85000 - £90000 per annum
Location West Sussex
Consultant Tom Barlow
Date posted 10 November 2016
A multi national insurance company is looking to appoint a new Head of Finance Reporting. The Head of Finance Reporting is a pivotal role within the finance team and will be a highly visible role within our Global Finance function.
You will have full responsibility for leading the Financial Reporting Team and be a dynamic leader for nine direct reports. The Head of Finance Reporting will ensure all financial reporting requirements are satisfied in accordance with set timetables, maintain and improve financial controls ensuring adherence to group policies and further develop the function.
Duties will include
- Ensuring all financial reporting for management and statutory requirements are satisfied in accordance with set timetables; including reviewing and presenting actual information for flash and full close, with supporting variance analysis and commentary
- Ensuring a robust Balance Sheet control framework, undertaking monthly reviews and signing off the balance sheet position
- Developing financial reporting to meet changing business requirements
- Ensuring all financial and actuarial Solvency II reporting is met within agreed Corporate Centre timescales
- Maintaining and improving the financial control framework and ensuring adherence to all internal accounting policies
- Financial lead on internal/external audits
- Developing the finance function capabilities to meet business requirements
- Leadership of 9 direct reports and developing talent pool
You should ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA or overseas equivalent).
- “Big 4” Practice Trained
- Strong financial reporting background, ideally with strong understanding of insurance accounting
- Experience of working in a Large Corporate business
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Highly numerate, with the ability to process financial data quickly and with a strong attention to detail
- Track record of exceeding business objectives
- Excellent communication skills, driven, high energy, with a team focus
- Demonstrable problem solvency skills
- Experience working in insurance or financial services will be viewed favourably, however is not essential for candidates able to demonstrate sufficient understanding and transfer-ability.
Additional skills required
- Demonstrating ownership and accountability.
- Adaptability and flexibility especially in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively across finance teams
This company is a market leader that has a reputation for nurturing and developing their employees and providing long term career opportunities.
If this is an opportunity you would be interested in please get in touch with me on 01483510400 or firstname.lastname@example.org