Salary £Competitive + benefits
Consultant Dan Simmonite
Date posted 23 September 2016
Kier Group are creating one of the largest Finance Shared Service Centres in the North West, with an enviable central Manchester location, and clear vision for collaborative success. As a result we are seeking a Finance Manager. The Finance Manager manages the operations and activities of the Record to Report Accounting Team on a day-to-day basis. The Finance Manager supervises employees, monitors activities, and satisfies internal reporting requirements.
The Finance Manager should manage the team effectively and independently for efficient service delivery regarding accounting postings, period end closing, and financial, management and regulatory reporting activities. The Finance Manager is responsible for reporting activities and reviewing general ledger postings, closing and reporting work performed by the team.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for 3-4 business units and act as a point of contact for queries between finance and the business units. Furthermore the Finance Manager will be responsible for a team of 2 – 4 Accountants and shared responsibility with other Senior Accountants to manage a team of Junior Accountants, in total between 6-8 colleagues.
- Effectively lead a team of 2-4 Accountants and 3-5 Assistant Accountants across 3-4 Business Units within the business in a highly technical, operational accounting environment
- Manage the supply of General Accounting support services to meet daily, weekly monthly and annual demand
Period end close & reporting
- Oversee the period end close and reporting process supporting the General Accounting team with expert knowledge of financial and management accounting in addition to a high level of judgement
- Responsible for the quality of all General Accounting functions and the integrity of all accounting data and reports
- Maintain an on going daily dialogue with the Head of Record to Report and Business Unit Leads, for example in highlighting material impacts to performance, and review of reporting
P&L preparation & BS reconciliations
- Oversee the timely review of P&L and BS control account reconciliations supporting the RTR Accounting team with high level commentary prior to review by the Head of Record to Report
- Oversee the timely completion of management reports (e.g. Flash reports, KPI, etc.) using strong knowledge of the business and judgement to support the Accounting team with high level commentary prior to review by the Head of Record to Report
- Oversee the completion of the statutory accounts using expert technical knowledge and a high degree of judgement, to the support the Accounting team with minimal guidance
- Provide a final review of the statutory accounts ahead of approval by the Head of Record to Report and FSSC Director
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Oversee the timely completion of the budgets and forecasts and support Head of Record to Report and Business Unit Leads during the process
- Provide accounting support for specific project related activities such as preparation of acquisition completion accounts, chart of account changes, requesting updates to reports as a result of new cost centres
- Work with the Head of Record to Report and FSSC Service Management and Operations team to identify and implement initiatives and opportunities e.g. process improvements
- Adhere to Group and BU specific policies and procedures
- Support External and Internal Audit activities as required, such as providing information as requested in a timely manner
- Maintain an effective control environment and respond to breaches/weaknesses appropriately in conjunction with Internal Audit
- Ensure accurate recording of transactions for tax purposes
- Strong background in management of a General Accounting environment and experience of delivering a continuous improvement agenda
- Fully qualified accountant with Experience in an operational finance role with exposure to issues of similar complexity
- Able to develop, motivate and lead a diverse team
- Excellent knowledge of current regulations including IFRS / UK GAAP, Companies Acts etc.
- Strong knowledge of core financial systems and general accounting procedures
- Adaptive to changing objectives and priorities to deliver results
- Focused on creating value for the Business Units and Group Finance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with presentation experience
- Knowledge of Kier equivalent systems, processes, workflow technology useful but not essential
- In depth knowledge of ERP software (Oracle / SAP in particular)
- Collaborative, able to work with/through others as part of a team and to mentor colleagues
- Ability to operate in a service driven culture, continuously challenging and seeking to be better
- Experienced process analysis skills with ability to break down processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
- Good customer service skillset, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Committed team player who is able to manage upwards and downwards
Apply below or to find out more about the Finance Manager role please contact our retained agent Dan Simmonite at Robert Walters plc on email@example.com or call +44 161 214 7400.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters plc.