Head of Fund Accounting - Real Estate
Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 28 October 20192019-10-28 2019-11-27 banking London London GB GBP 500 800 800 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A great opportunity has arisen at a leading real estate investment firm that is experiencing a lot of growth. They are looking for a Head of Fund Accounting to come in on a contract basis for 9 months. The contract start date is beginning of January.
An interim Head of Fund Accounting role has become available at a real estate investment firm based in London. The Head of Fund Accounting is responsible for overseeing the team of Controllers who provide financial control and support for the fund platforms.
This role will be responsible for working with the Head of Investor reporting for developing a team that meets the staffing, structural, reporting and control needs of an expanding business and tailoring that to meet individual investor needs
- Oversight of timely and accurate preparation of consolidated quarterly investor financial reporting and any supplementary queries as well as ad hoc.
- Ensuring that financial reports use appropriate GAAP, agreeing with the auditors any new GAAP presentation and providing IFRS guidance to local finance teams or external accountants
- Oversight of all key deal documentation to ensure any financial related provisions are consistent, achievable and appropriate for the transaction concerned.
- Oversight of complex deal structures in conjunction with Fund Controllers, Deal teams, Tax and to ensure that appropriate processes are in place to manage the structure in compliance with any legal or regulatory requirements, transfer pricing and other taxation advice and provisions of any deal documentation.
- Reviewing in conjunction with Fund Controllers key transactional processes such as drawdowns, distributions and funds flows
- Developing and maintaining KPIs to measure Fund Finance departmental performance
- Work with Asset Managers, Fund Controllers to ensure that a rigorous budgeting process is in place for each of the fund platforms
- Day to day management of experienced Fund Controllers responsible for platforms in London and other locations as appropriate.
- Working with Asset Managers to ensure fund models are complete and consistent with financial results and annual budgets or business plans
- Educated to degree standard
- Qualified ACA/ACCA with at least 12 years post qualification experience
- Extensive real estate fund experience gained in either a fund management, private equity or real estate environment essential
- Advantageous to have experience of managing qualified controllers in multiple jurisdictions
- Highly preferential to have experience of development projects and student housing