Head of Commercial Finance
Salary competitive bens
Consultant Julie Peacock
Date posted 26 October 20192019-10-26 2019-12-25 retail London London GB GBP 75000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client is a globally renowned and ever changing retail brand. Currently seeking a high calibre and experienced, passionate retail finance professional to manage a large team and drive a key transformation project across the group. You will lead ecommerce/ digital development as well as drive change for a large stores portfolio.
Reporting directly to a key Commercial Finance Director you will be asked to take on the following key accountabilities and drive change thorugh an exciting period of evolution and development for the group.
- Management of 4 direct reports as well as a large team indirectly.
- Manage ongoing forecasting and finance review to ensure commercial risks and oppirtunities are highlighted.
- Review & make recommendations to the senior leadership team including CEO
- Responsible for long range planning (annual and 3-5 year plans) and preparation of strategic review papers for presentation to Group FD and CEO.
- Manage and develop as a true business partner across the non-finance teams to include B&M, Digital, Retail, Central, Wholesale/Franchise and Support Functions - highlight key issues where appropriate
- Drive continued investment into the digital/ ecommerce business
- Lead reviews of the store portfolio s well as opportunities for growth and efficiencies / cost savings within it.
- Work closely with the FD to develop and implement new projects
- Deputise for the FD where relevant - provide direct support and drive ongoing key initiatives, process improvment and general positive change
Applicants must possess a formal accountancy qualification or overseas equivalent
Previous management experience as well as be able to provide notable examples of where real commercial imput has been achieved during career to date
Ability to thrive within a fast paced, transforming environment.
A real interest in the retail world and desire to work within a large high calibre team of passionate professionals