Head of Finance
Location Potters BarCONTRACTOR
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 25 October 20192019-10-25 2019-11-24 accountancy Potters Bar Hertfordshire GB GBP 400 500 500 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Interim Head of Finance required for a market leading insurance business, based in Hertfordshire.
Interim Head of Finance
Reporting to the Finance Director, the main purpose of the role is to manage the day-to-day operations of the Finance function whilst supporting the Finance Director strategically.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely annual production of the Group’s Report and accounts, and Group’s management accounts.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of the Quarterly and regulatory returns to the regulator.
• Responsible for the production and reporting of the annual budget for the Group, and the quarterly forecast projections for the Group.
• Monthly production and reporting of functional and group expense reports.
• Monthly production and reporting of project tracking and Business case support to the Business.
• Submission of all quarterly and annual reporting to the tax authorities.
• Accurate monitoring and appropriate governance in operation for all cash management and investment activity.
• Efficient and effective running of the purchase ledger activity.
• Responsible for all the banking and credit control activity of the Group, ensuring appropriate governance and controls are in place.
• Responsible for investment management, and asset liability management, liquidity management.
• Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
• Good experience of managing all aspects of a Finance function.
• Minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience within the Insurance or Financial services industry essential.
• A solid track record of managing and leading Finance teams.
• Experience of producing Board level written reports.
• Experience of reviewing and analysing operational processes and improving and enhancing controls is desirable.
• Experience of building and developing a high performing team is desirable.
Key Contacts with the role, department and company
• Key contact for investment advisors, tax specialists, external auditors, bankers etc.
• Working closely with the Actuarial team on all planning, reporting and business appraisal matters.
• Strong accounting knowledge
• Good stakeholder management skills through verbal and written communication
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proven ability to organise and prioritise multiple tasks to successfully meet deadlines and quickly understand and apply new subject matter
• Experience of producing Board level written reports