Finance & Operations Director
Salary bonus + bens
Consultant Julie Peacock
Date posted 16 October 20192019-10-16 2019-12-15 retail London London GB GBP 110000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Currently at a period of investment and growth and investment this is an incredibly exciting time to join the business! We are seeking an experienced, passionate and driven Finance Director to take on a broad, all-encompassing opportunity to lead finance, IT, HR logistics and sales activities across the business. .
Reporting into the Managing Director, with a dotted line to the Group CFO, you will be asked to take on an incredibly broad remit of responsibilities as follows:
- Lead a team of 10 (including 4 finance reports) across the UK business based at a highly desirable Central London location
- Take ownership and oversee the financial reporting activities of the UK business
- Manage the monthly local closing and reporting process, prepare the budget and quarterly forecasts
- Apply new accounting standards (IFRS) and prepare year-end statements, prepare local capital requests, provide financial analysis, cash and risk management, manage direct and indirect taxation
- Business partner with the key management team on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate and on-time delivery of the business results -
- Providing key insights and relevant data to the business, to support the qualified decision making process and the development of local business strategy.
- Working closely with the Group Financial team and Group Support functions (IT, HR and Logistics) to lead the implementation of new operating systems
- Lead and support the roll out of local and global IT projects (e.g. SAP FICO implementation)
- Directly support the Group CFO as well as key directors across the group in respect of driving increased profitability and with ongoing ad hoc commercial and strategic initiatives
Applicants must possess a strong technical background but also proven ability and a track record of success within commercial finance, operating at a senior level
Retail, ecommerce or consumer experience would be valuable as well as the ability to thrive within a fast paced, ever changing hands on SME environment, within a rapidly expanding business.
Previous experience of implementing SAP or alternatively other finance systems packages more widely would also be useful.
It the opportunity to take on an incredibly broad and exciting Finance Directors position within an investing and globally renowned brand excites you – please register your interest as soon as feasible - we are looking to move quickly with the recruitment of the role