Consultant Habiba Khatoon
Date posted 27 June 20192019-06-27 2019-08-26 accountancy Leicestershire Leicestershire GB GBP 80000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client is looking for a commercially astute Finance Director with a demonstrable track record of working in fast paced environments and experience of change management, process re-engineering and spear-heading multiple projects.
A hugely innovative, market leading organisation within the technology led retail display sector is recruiting a Finance Director. As part of the senior leadership team, this role will involve taking ownership of the overall Finance and IT functions of the UK based organisation, leading business across EMEA. Boasting an enviable client base of the world’s most prestigious brands, the business is experiencing an exciting period of growth and transformation. The successful candidate will work closely with the Managing Director to drive business performance and assist in the continued development of a highly entrepreneurial venture.
My client is looking for a commercially astute Finance Director with a demonstrable track record of working in fast paced environments and experience of change management, process re-engineering and spear-heading multiple projects. The role will involve:
- Working closely with the senior leadership team to deliver annual budgets & projections based upon the corporate strategic plan
- Providing oversight and support to the Head of IT in the development of systems to support ERP changes and projects
- Implementing a strong financial controls framework to ensure the delivery of timely reporting and analysis of Financial and KPI’s
- Providing commercial decision support to the Business Development and Sales Divisions through profitability analysis and sales & margin forecasts
- Operational involvement in wider areas of the business including CAPEX and investment to ensure agreed ROI; managing external relationships with legal and professional advisers; establishing operational procedure with preferred vendors whilst partnering with the legal team to review contracts
- Identifying commercial risks and opportunities in relation to existing customers and market
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA – 10+ years PQE): With broad experience covering controls, commercial and operational finance
- Sector: Experience of working within a projects based environment would be highly beneficial, and the ideal candidate will have experience of cost collation and margin control through manufacturing operations and external procurement
- Transformation: The successful candidate must have the proven ability of taking a business through growth and restructure
- Self-Starter: This is a highly entrepreneurial environment, and applicants must have the ability to hit the ground running and take ownership of multiple work-streams simultaneously
- Adaptability: the ability to make business-critical decisions in a fluid environment
- Influencing Skills: As a business partner, the successful candidate will be expected to drive fact-based decision making and have strong relationship building skills
- Systems: Experience with a range of ERP/accounting packages would be highly beneficial. Advanced Excel skills are required for this role
The role is offering an excellent package, as well as a unique opportunity to propel your career within a fast moving and high growth industry. This a career defining opportunity that will allow the successful applicant to materially impact the performance and direction of the organisation.