Consultant Graeme Marsh
Date posted 05 June 20192019-06-05 2019-07-05 it London London GB GBP 475 550 550 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This role will ideally suit a qualified accountant with significant industry experience in a senior finance role leading a team of 3-5 people - preferably in a start up/scale up or SME business. The ideal candidate will have experience of interacting directly with the CEO/Founder to drive the business forward ensuring a strong and efficient finance team are supporting the fast moving growth of the business.
As expected, the Finance Director will ultimately be responsible for maintaining the financial health of the business and indeed, on a longer term scale, driving the business forward into new markets. The ability to minimise risk, review and challenge investment opportunities and be confident in constantly improving the finance function to support the direction of the business is of paramount importance in this role.
This really is a very exciting opportunity to join my client for an interim period and liaise directly with the CEO. The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong experience in a Head of Finance/Finance Director level role leading a team of 3-5 people (ideally in a scale up or SME business)
- Prior experience in a Start up/Scale up organisation.
- Strong people management skills managing a diverse team of Finance professionals, and ideally HR as this role is also line manager to a small HR Team.
- Some Operational experience is key to this role to ensure that you can see the ‘bigger’ picture.
- Solid and demonstrable experience working with CEO/Founder and being their ‘right hand’ person.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, you will see what needs to be done and figure out a way to get there – this can be from small day to day processes or the larger strategy.
- Ability to keep pace in a hard working, fast moving, growing business.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the business from boots on the ground to Board level, both in writing and verbally.
To hear more about this role please do get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org