Head of Commercial Finance
Salary £80,000 - £90,000 per annum
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 10 May 20192019-05-10 2019-06-09 accountancy Hatfield Hertfordshire GB GBP 80000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A fantastic oppportuntiy as Head of Commercial Finance, based in Hertfordshire.
Head of Commercial Finance - Retail
This role will be leading a team at different levels, so a wide range of management experience will be key to succeeding in this role. Having lots of experience working within the retail sector and knowing what good looks like, you will not be afraid to challenge the status quo and drive change. You will be working alongside a senior management team, in a fast-paced, dynamic and commercial environment with the ability to influence change both within Finance and Retail.
- Lead the Senior Leadership team on all financial and key non-financial commercial decisions implementing Commercial strategy and driving financial growth
- Support the business for accelerated growth, giving confidence to the board on the quality of information at their disposal.
- Develop the 4 year Commercial strategy and financial plan with relevant stakeholders
- Evaluate strategic opportunities for the business by developing robust financial models and analyses.
- Develop and manage our internal financial processes, including leading all financial planning and budgeting of the Commercial P&L
- Design, create and maintain comprehensive dashboards to measure goals, drive initiatives, and aid in Commercial & Operational decision making.
- Ensure strict adherence to financial guidelines and governance as agreed by group
- Evaluate JBP negotiations alongside the Trading team
- Highlight key margin and sales trends and enhance detailed reporting by supplier/category with the Trading team to provide senior management with insight and actions
- Lead the recharge process, providing financial & KPI reporting with insight and recommendations to the Operations Director
- Provide financial advice, support and challenge to the Retail and Operational Teams by building strong working relationships at all levels, including Senior Managers. Manage and aligning key stakeholders across the business to enable fast and informed decision making
- Encourage the Finance Managers for each business area to establish the accounting process, and performance reporting for this business area and to manage the key balance sheet lines
- Lead the Annual Budget and Quarterly Forecast process for retail business areas identifying the potential opportunities for improvements and risk mitigation
- Continually identify and implement improvements to business processes to increase efficiency and ensure all costs are recorded accurately in the accounts.
- Challenge and review results to seek opportunities to increase income/reduce costs and risks
- Build a high performing team of finance professionals providing leadership, development, investment and coordination to the finance team
Skills & Experience required:
- Qualified CIMA / ACA/ ACCA accountant with minimum of +5 PQE experience
- Minimum 2:1 degree and other strong academic record
- Experience of strong business partnering and working in a matrix structure
- Experience in retail or FMCG essential
- Experience of reporting period management accountant, analysis and commentary
- Experience of budgeting and forecast
- Advanced Excel skills