Head of Finance and Resources
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Callum Laurie
Date posted 20 March 20192019-03-20 2019-05-19 accountancy Aylesbury Buckinghamshire GB GBP 55000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Robert Walters is recruiting exclusively on a unique, exciting and challenging opportunity to join an evolving, Aylesbury based charity as a Head of Finance & Resources.
As the Head of Finance & Resources you will act as a ‘number two’ to the CEO and ultimately be responsible for the delivery of strategic and operational finance/ governance for the charity. Responsibilities will include:
- Producing and executing the short and long term operational and strategic business plans.
- Leading on monthly and quarterly management reporting, to be presented at board level.
- Charitable governance; keeping the board, treasurers and executive committees updated on changes within compliance, legislation and policies.
- Motivate, develop and delegate for your team of four. (Finance Manager, 2 x Assistant Accountants and HR & Governance Manager).
- Manage external relationships.
- A qualified accountant with knowledge of UK accounting standards and charity legislation.
- Organisational leadership and management experience – part of a senior management team.
- Significant senior finance experience – partnering, planning, forecasting, modelling, reporting and analysis.
- Significant experience of financial and people management within charities or the not for profit sector.
- Knowledge of organisational policies and procedures relevant for charities.
- Experience of governance oversight and support ideally both inside and outside the charity and not for profit sector.
- Experience of working with trustee boards.
Alongside your salary you will be given 30 days, plus bank holidays off, a truly flexible working set up, competitive pension plan & a truly rewarding working culture. If this interests you, please do not hesitate in applying.