UK Finance Director
Salary £85,000 - £95,000 per annum + car and bonus
Location Milton KeynesFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert Patterson
Date posted 18 March 20192019-03-18 2019-05-17 accountancy Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire GB GBP 85000 95000 95000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Currently recruiting for a market leading FMCG and wholesale business based in Milton Keynes. My client is looking for a dynamic UK Finance Director to take ownership for the UK/IRE financials and partner the UK MD during a sustained period of growth.
The UK/IRE Finance Director has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the UK and Ireland, including monthly/annual financial analysis and standardisation of financial best practice across the UK and Irish operations. Working alongside the UK MD, the UK/IRE Finance Director will be an exceptional accountant, not afraid of getting into the detail when required, but who is also able to step back and take a more commercial view, working with both UK and Corporate senior leadership, advising on the strategic and financial growth of the UK and Irish business.
Responsible for managing and leading a team through month and year end, as well as being responsible for the annual budgeting process. You will have excellent communication skills, able to work with colleagues at all levels, as well as building strong relationships with various departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets
The Finance Director will have a real passion for leading people and building a high performing team that delivers excellent service to the business.
- Oversee the preparation of Monthly and Quarterly financial reports, and report out to both the UK senior management / European Finance Director and US Corporate when relevant
- Act as business partner to UK/IRE senior leadership and operational teams, supporting trend analysis and issue resolution
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance and making recommendations for improvement where appropriate
- Support both the MD and Sales in understanding the financial implications of contractual negotiations, including the modelling of multiple scenarios to ensure the optimisation of revenue
- Interpret and advise on complex financial information. Ensuring information is understood, updated and provided on time to drive business performance.
- Monitor cash flow, balance sheet and other financial transactions
- Lead the UK finance team in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc
- Manage and oversee the preparation of all UK and Irish statutory returns (Tax and Financial)
- Ensure that all the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
- To plan, develop and implement the Finance team operating procedures (and policies)
- Manage the preparation, agreement and consolidation of the UK and Ireland company budget
- Lead, manage and develop your team to create a great working environment and one that drives and recognises high performance (10+ head count)
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Operating Plan and Modelling tools
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Responsible for the completion of UK Capital investment applications
- Qualified ACA/ACCA accountant with 8 years+ PQE
- Proven ability to lead and develop a high performing Finance team
- SOX exposure desirable
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven project management experience
- Self-motivated, flexible can-do attitude works well under pressure, on own initiative and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritise work load and keep to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
If this could be you or anyone in your network please apply below or drop me an email on email@example.com due to high volumes of applications for this role I will endeavour to call and email a response.