Director - Accountancy Practice
Consultant Matthew Earnshaw
Date posted 10 December 2018 2018-12-102019-02-08 accountancy UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Robert Walters are exclusively retained to find a Director for a proactive accountancy firm, specialising in the provision of accountancy and taxation services to high net worth individuals and owner-managed businesses throughout the UK. My client is one of the largest independent firms of accountants in Leeds and in the North of England.
Why this role is Different?
My client offers a unique opportunity for someone to come in at Director level and also benefit from having a good work life balance. A modern flexible working policy has been adopted by this forward-thinking firm allowing you not only to continue developing your career, but also having more time to spend on your out of work commitments. These opportunities rarely come around, so this opportunity is not to be missed.
About the Company
My client looks after a wide-ranging portfolio of clients varied in size from start-ups through to £100m+ turnover businesses; many of which are award-winning. The client base consists of high net worth individuals and entrepreneurial businesses, akin to that of a National Firm.
Many of their clients also now have international aspects to their business and the firm is positioned to be able to advise those clients on both UK and overseas audit, accounting and tax matters.
In addition to providing accounting and audit services, the firm has specialist tax expertise in areas such as R&D tax relief, profit extraction, inheritance tax, residence and domicile and tax dispute resolution.
Benefits and Rewards available
- Competitive salary, with excellent long-term earning potential
- Company Pension Scheme with Life Assurance (5% company contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance (option for family membership)
- Car Parking
- Flexible approach to hours
- Regular social events/activities
- A good work-life balance
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- As Director, you will have the opportunity to shape and drive the business alongside ensuring the Audit, Accountancy and Tax services are delivered to clients;
- Provide professional advice and guidance to clients to deliver their respective requirements, working with fellow colleagues and directors;
- Build and maintain key client relationships, developing your network to support continued business development;
- Lead on the planning and delivery of audits, tax compliance and accounting services;
- Work with the team to ensure audit, accounts and tax assignments are delivered on time and to the highest of standards;
- Provide support on technical and complex Audit and Accountancy issues;
- Lead, motivate and develop colleagues and teams ensuring constructive feedback and continual professional development is provided.
The key requirements and skills you will need to have:
Essential Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- ACA/ACCA qualified, with experience of working with a wide range of clients;
- High technical level of accountancy and audit knowledge, with experience in applied thinking and application;
- In-depth accounts preparation and disclosure knowledge;
- Experience of group consolidation, including multi-currency consolidation;
- Strong audit experience and knowledge of audit methodologies with a proven track record in delivering technically challenging audits;
- Highly organised with good time management skills and an excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Confident in manner, a good communicator, both written and verbally;
- Highly computer literate, including experience of Microsoft Office, with a desire to use technology to add value to clients and improve efficiency.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Some IFRS experience is an advantage, but not a pre-requisite;
- RI or ability and desire to become an RI;
- Strong professional reputation;
- Good presentation skills;
- Own professional network.
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly regarded regionally focused firm working with highly reputable, well-established names and businesses. The role is a key appointment for the firm with the expectation and opportunity for the successful candidate to continue further developing their career.
Click to apply, or please contact Matthew Earnshaw at email@example.com or +44 (0)113 360 0099 for more information about the opportunity.