Head of International Finance
Salary £100,000 - £120,000 per annum
Consultant Marcus Blackburn
Date posted 21 November 2018 2018-11-212019-01-20 retail UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Market leading customer centric multi-channel retail business with an impressive brand portfolio, is now seeking a talented Head of International Finance to help drive through a step change in business performance across its overseas operations.
The successful candidate will act as a key business partner to the International leadership team (which will includes International, Retail and Trading Directors) with overall responsibility for all aspects of financial management including the business planning process, investment planning and performance, KPI and financial performance tracking/ reporting, improving operational performance, cash management, the financial control environment as well as management of their specific team.
The role will have considerable exposure to the Group Board and key responsibilities include:
- Through management of territory accountants, take ownership of commercial reporting in existing international businesses.
- Production and circulation of regular, timely and insightful local currency KPIs which challenge the commercial teams and help drive an enhanced performance.
- Review and challenge of the appraisals for new store opportunities.
- Preparation and presentation of board packs for international board meetings.
- Review and challenge of performance of other international Group businesses.
- Ensure consistency of reporting standards and production of KPIs.
- Business plans to be financially robust.
- Risks / operational challenges to be thoroughly research and reflected.
- Work closely with Property Team on evaluation of store opportunities and subsequent post investment review analyses.
- Work closely with M&A team on acquisition opportunities.
Candidates considered will need to be degree educated and fully qualified (ACA/ ACCA /CIMA) with proven experience within the Retail sector. Furthermore they will need to be very operationally focused with a keen eye for detail and a willingness to be ‘hands on’ They will also need to have previous international experience, preferably in a ‘small box’ format. Languages would also be helpful but not essential. By definition, the right person must be confident in managing people across a number of territories and have the confidence to present to senior management, Board Directors and other advisors.
This company is a true market leader and undergoing an exciting period of expansion. In exchange for your services, my client offers a remuneration package including a highly competitive basic salary, bonus, and the benefits associated with employment at a progressive and growing organisation.
Apply below, or to find out more about this Head of International Finance opportunity, please contact Marcus Blackburn at Robert Walters plc on Marcus.Blackburn@robertwalters.com
or call +44 161 214 7400