Salary £100,000 - £120,000 per annum + EquityFULL_TIME
Consultant Melanie Clark
Date posted 08 November 2018 2018-11-082019-01-07 fmcg UK
With global expansion imminent, this London based FMCG company is benefiting from a gap in the market and distribution to some of the UK’s best-known stores. With exciting plans, the business now needs to recruit a CFO to support the Chief Executive in growing the business. Fund raising to date has been very successful and the new CFO will be instrumental in securing additional capital to help the business expand into new markets. Additionally they will be required to install a finance infrastructure fit for purpose and create insightful management information. As part of the senior management team, you will need to understand the complexities of an international production and distribution operation as well as the constantly changing environment of a start-up. You will be required to manage investors, be able to take the business through a funding round and potentially into Private Equity.
Responsibilities of the CFO include;
- Management of finance, investor relations, legal, tax, treasury, production and logistics
- Participation in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Oversee the preparation and issuance of all financial information, including management accounts and product analysis
- Cash management and working capital control
- System and process improvement
- Liaising with investors to provide financial information
- Production of insightful information on the performance of projects and capital appraisals
- Working with the sales and leadership team to prepare forward-looking information including budget, forecast, pipeline, stock and order book
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Oversight of set-up of new production facility
The successful candidate will be an ambitious ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified accountant with prior finance director or CFO level experience. You will possess a good understanding of a business driven by the fundamentals of production costing, distribution and logistics. You will be commercially minded with a natural ability to install processes in a fast-paced environment. Experience in the drinks business is an advantage, however production and distribution in an SME or start-up will suffice.