Commercial Finance Director
Salary £100,000 - £120,000 per annum + + Car + Bonus + Benefits
Consultant Melanie Clark
Date posted 07 November 2018 2018-11-072019-01-06 real-estate-and-property UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
The company is a market-leading REIT with a portfolio valued in excess of £10bn. They have an extremely successful track record of commercial property development and investment within an agile and entrepreneurial environment. As a result of an internal promotion they are seeking a highly commercial and technically strong Commercial Finance Director. The role will have significant board level exposure and report into a Divisional CFO. Talent development is always high on their agenda and therefore the role requires someone who can mentor a team of 10 high-achieving qualified accountants and who is keen to further their own career in a high-profile organisation.
Key responsibilities of the Commercial Finance Director include:
- To provide strategic commercial support on investment decisions, disposals and acquisitions.
- To provide management accounting and reporting to the London business unit, to include all management reporting activities for the Portfolio, Investment management and Development
- Manage a large finance team within the business unit, whose responsibilities include all internal and external financial reporting, the budgeting and forecasting process, property finance for the Portfolio and strategic commercial support on investment decisions, disposals and acquisitions.
- Support and challenge the business in all commercial decision making, providing supporting financial analysis as necessary.
- Partner with the Investment and Development teams on all capital allocation decisions and disposals.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve revenue profit performance
- Perform financial reviews of all potential new customers, producing covenant reports in line with the Group’s credit check policy and partner with the Leasing and Asset teams in order to negotiate deal terms.
- Act as a business partner to the Portfolio Managing Director
The successful Commercial Finance Director will be an ACA qualified accountant who is a strong leader, with excellent commercial acumen and who has the ability to challenge at all levels of the business. This is an excellent opportunity to have P&L ownership and be a figurehead for a prestigious portfolio while developing a strong and supportive finance operation. Property experience is an advantage.