Head of Commercial Finance
Salary £70,000 - £90,000 per annum + associated benefits
Consultant Marcus Blackburn
Date posted 13 August 2018 2018-08-132018-10-12 retail UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Market leading customer centric multi-channel retail business with an impressive brand portfolio, is now seeking a talented Commercial Finance Manager to help drive through a step change in business performance.
A key business partner to the International leadership team with responsibility for all aspects of financial management including the business planning process, investment planning and performance, KPI and financial performance tracking/ reporting, improving operational performance, cash management, the financial control environment as well as management of their specific team. This Manager role will play a key role in advising and supporting the International Director and their leadership team as we continue to transform our marketing investment to underpin the ecommerce business.
Reporting to the Commercial FD your duties will be to:
- Lead performance manages and develop and motivate the Finance Analyst to deliver business objectives.
- Support the International Director and leadership team to define and produce key ROI measures and to create and drive a program of activity to improve ROI in line with group strategy.
- Provide transparency evidenced by clear linkage of divisional results to statutory results whilst ensuring compliance with statutory and group financial obligations.
- Create an annual budget for the International division in accordance with the financial planning process.
- Month end reporting - summarise financial position, issues, action identification and tracking.
- Contribute to trading performance - provide commercial narrative, insight, summarise and track material issues and actions.
- Support the Director by championing change management; driving improvements to financial accountability across the division and organisation and improving financial processes to improve overall efficiency.
- Ad hoc analysis and provision of financial advice as required to support decision-making and monitoring of financial performance.
Candidates considered will need to be a fully qualified (ACA/ ACCA /CIMA) with proven commercial finance experience in the Retail sector. The successful applicant will be able to give clear and concise insight into where the company can improve. Working with the senior management team providing robust, timely, financial information to underpin the strategic decision making process will be vital. This is a pivotal role within finance so will require someone who can handle the pressure sometimes placed by the senior management team when making decisions.
This company is a true market leader and undergoing an exciting period of expansion. In exchange for your services, my client offers a remuneration package including a highly competitive basic salary, bonus, and the benefits associated with employment at a progressive and growing organisation.
Apply below, or to find out more about this Commercial Finance opportunity, please contact Marcus Blackburn at Robert Walters plc on Marcus.Blackburn@robertwalters.com or call +44 161 214 7400