Salary £75,000 - £100,000 per annum
Consultant Anna Penny
Date posted 04 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An independent digital media company with offices in London & North are looking for a Finance Director to join their energetic, dynamic team. Located in the heart of Central London, this digital media start up focuses on customer journey, insight & strategy, digital product design & development and data intelligence & optimisation. They have a variety of clients ranging from global household names to SME’s and start ups across all sectors.
An independent digital media company with offices in London and the North are looking for a Finance Director to join their energetic, dynamic team.
Located in the heart of Central London, this digital media start up focuses on customer journey, insight & strategy, lean digital product design & development and data intelligence & optimisation. They have a variety of clients ranging from global household names to SME’s and start ups across all sectors.
The Finance Director will not only run the finance function from top to bottom but work closely with the Managing Partner to offer strategic advice on new market trends, areas of the market to exploit and ideas on potential growth/mergers for the business.
- Overall ownership of all finance and commercial management of the agency
- Act as a key partner to the Managing Partner in setting business plans, strategy and vision
- Implement that strategy on an operational level to grow revenue and profits whilst mitigating risk
- Support client teams to identify revenue gaps and set stretching pipeline targets
- Track and measure margin taking relevant action to ensure targets are achieved
- Ensure client plans and contracts are commercially viable, affordable and deliver a fee structure that will drive profitable growth
- Safeguard the cash position of the agency through stringent management of cash flow
- Overall responsibility for financial control & reporting on a day to day basis
- Deliver compliant and appropriate financial governance to ensure the agency’s long term financial viability
- Weekly and / or monthly reporting key financials such as business and management information, KPIs to key stakeholders and the Board
- Manage compliance of annual returns, accounts, corporation tax & VAT
- Overhaul of finance systems to ensure they are efficient and remain fit for purpose
- Ensure all controls and processes are fit for purpose
- Lead and develop a small finance team
- Line manage Head of House, HR Manger, Head of Talent and IT Manager
- Qualified Accountant with significant experience operating at Finance Director/Head of level
- Experience within the marketing services sector beneficial, particularly within the digital marketing space
- Demonstrable track record of supporting growth
- Ability to work both at C-suite as well as being very hands on and operational
- Works well under pressure, calm and focussed, not easily flustered, able to cope with competing demands
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships at all levels
This is a brilliant role for an individual on the upwards trajectory of their career, truly passionate about digital media and excited about adding significant value to a central London start up.
To apply for this role or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.