Director of Finance
Salary £100,000 - £125,000 per annum + bonus and benefits
Consultant Andrew Linger
Date posted 19 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Our client is a subsidiary of one of the UK’s largest NHS Foundation Trusts. It has been established to operate the trust’s core facilities and support services but with the added benefits that a private sector culture and approach can bring. These services will be enhanced and developed and, in due course, offered to customers outside of the Trust.
As a newly created business, services have been transferred from an operation previously run by a third-party provider and this exciting development will enable an increase in efficiency and a broadening of scope of offering. The Director of Finance will be responsible for finance, human resources, procurement and commercial solutions. Reporting to the Managing Director, with a strong working relationship with the Group Finance Director, responsibilities will include:
• Providing strategic financial advice to the board and the Managing Director
• Advising the board on contracts and pricing and supporting negotiations
• Building and developing a finance team appropriate to the business’ needs, covering compliance, reporting and statutory responsibilities
• Creating financial and management information to allow commercial decision-making and strategic planning
• Establishing financial systems, processes and controls to ensure efficient planning, budgeting and financial control
• Contributing to the development of the company’s vision and strategy for growth
This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of creating a first-class business that has considerable scope and financial backing. The successful candidate will be a qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or overseas equivalent), will have experience of operating in a start-up business (perhaps as part of a larger group) and ideally have had exposure to both public and private sector organisations, focused on the highest levels of service provision.