Director of Finance Operations
Salary £120,000 - £140,000 per annum + exceptional benefits
Location North West England
Consultant Marcus Blackburn
Date posted 16 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Market leading customer-centric financial services is currently seeking a proven Director of Finance Operations to help deliver a step change of process excellence across its European business.
Reporting to the European CFO, leading a team of over 50, whilst serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the role holder will be responsible for the overall development of the European financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organisation’s strategic goals.
In addition to the strategic components, the incumbent will be charged with developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational realms. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented finance executive with proven operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high-growth, mission-driven organisation.
Other role responsibilities include:
- Drive and advocate transformational change enhancing the financial control and reporting environment.
- Maintain strong business relationship with Senior Leadership to support achievement of strategic goals.
- Provide thought and executional leadership for transformation initiatives, operational improvements and cost reductions.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and talent development for finance associates and leaders performing business partnering, reporting services, and cost savings governance.
- Develop and implement new controls and procedures.
- Leading Finance Transformation within the team and participating in systems consolidation programme.
- Produce accurate monthly accounts in line with group timelines.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified ‘Big 4’ trained chartered accountant with significant experience operating within the financial services industry. They will have proven experience leading a finance transformation agenda on an international scale whilst being an expert in all aspects of financial management and accounting including financial controls, reporting and effective close processes, managing global close cycles, an ability to influence cross-functional teams to act and drive change management.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented finance executive with proven operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high-growth, mission-driven organisation. In return, my client offers an exceptional package and genuine long term career progression within a global leading organisation.
Apply below, or to find out more about this Director of Operational Finance opportunity, please contact Marcus Blackburn at Robert Walters plc on Marcus.Blackburn@robertwalters.com or call +44 161 214 7400