Consultant Matthew Earnshaw
Date posted 23 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Robert Walters is working exclusive with naughtone, one of Yorkshire’s fastest growing an award-winning furniture design and manufacturer, looking to recruit an experienced and motivated Finance Director to help with the strategic business growth plans.
naughtone was founded in 2005, whose headquarters are in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, makes furniture for high-profile global clients including Facebook, Amazon and Google.
naughtone’s unique British designs are available on a global scale and they are one of the fastest growing companies in the furniture design and manufacturing industry, having to expand rapidly to accommodate international growth, supported by production facilities in North America. naughtone products are on display throughout the North America, LAC, Asia and EMEA and even as far afield as Australia, with clients that include Microsoft, Nike and Astra Zenica.
From inception, naughtone achieved significant year on year growth and in 2013 launched in North America. In 2016 naughtone formed a strategic partnership with US office furniture giant Herman Miller to support growth into new global markets. Herman Miller has revenues of more than $2bn (£1.6bn) and has been manufacturing and selling office furniture for more than 100 years.
- naughtone were placed 1st in Sunday Times SME Export Track 100 Award 2017
- naughtone were placed 22nd in The Sunday Times Lloyds SME Export Track 100 2018
- naughtone Placed Number 39 In Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 2017
Purpose of the job
With current turnover at £23million they are now looking for a Finance Director to help with the ambitious growth plans to take the business to £50 Million in 1-3 years and beyond. This is an exceptional opportunity to work as part of the Senior Management team in making and setting strategic decisions to help grow the business and further the growth internationally as well.
Not only will this Finance Director be responsible for the finance team but will also head up the Supports services for the business in Human Resources, Information Technology, Facilities and Health and Safety. This Finance Director position plays a critical role in helping the business to achieve its goals by maximizing the internal capacity of the organisation.
Finance Director key responsibilities:
- Full control on the Finance function working closely with the current team of four headed up by the Financial Controller
- Work in conjunction with the Board, fellow Directors and other colleagues to coordinate, compile and regularly update business plans,
- Budgeting and Forecasting across various business units
- Commercial Accounting and implementation of new procedures to help the business
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board and fellow Directors
- Manage business reporting through the gathering, analysis and dissemination of key Management Information across the business.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the monthly and annual financials in alignment with local statutory requirements
- Drive process improvement across all areas to improve efficiency and ensure that all processes and procedures are fit for purpose
- Act as a key contributor in the development and implementation of commercial strategic projects globally to drive the business forward
- External contacts Banks and other financial institutions External Auditors/Tax advisers H.M. Revenue and Customs
This role will also be responsible for the Supports services of the business and be responsible for management of the support services functions including Human Resources, Information Technology and Facilities.
Reporting in you will have the HR Advisor, Facilities Officer, Process manager & IT contractor
- In conjunction with Herman Miller Head HR, further develop naugtone’s human resources, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- In conjunction with Herman Miller Head of Health and Safety oversee, lead and support the naugtone’s Health and Safety function.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization grows.
- Oversee, lead, support and develop the naughtone IT function
Finance Director key requirements:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with sound financial/commercial acumen and extensive senior level financial and business experience.
- Excellent communication skills with exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills are essential and you must demonstrate a strong track record of proven experience in strategic planning and decision-making at Board level.
- Proven track record of leading teams and successfully delivering projects in a challenging, fast moving environment is desired
- You must be capable of high-level strategic decisions, yet able to have a day-to-day operational hands-on approach.
- Experience working in or working with an International business ideally US based
- Experience of M&A and process improvement
- Experience of working in a V/C backed environment
- Foreign Currency hedging experience
- Previous experience of overseeing or leading a HR function is preferable as is an awareness of the importance and potential of IT systems
This Finance Director role is an exciting opportunity for someone to join and be part of a fast-growing ambitious company where you can add real value and make strategic commercial decisions to help with the growth of the business
- Competitive Salary
- Car Allowance
- Generous Bonus based on Profit
- Private Healthcare
- Free Parking
If this opportunity is of interest the please apply online or speak with Matthew Earnshaw at Robert Walters who will be managing this vacancy on 0113 360 0090
Robert Walters are exclusively retained on this assignment so any third-party application will be forwarded onto Robert Walters.