Commercial Director (Finance)
Salary £65,000 - £68,000 per annum + £6.9K car + 20% bonus
Consultant Tom Barlow
Date posted 16 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client is a multinational technology business with their UK Head Office based in Berkshire (with easy access from Reading/Surrey/London). Due to recent growth, they have created a new high profile role within the Commercial Finance function of the main Commercial sales organisation to work closely with and support the VP of Finance. Reporting to the VP of Finance this role will be focused on delivering change and efficiency programmes within the Commercial side of the business – ensuring, through close partnership with both the Commercial organisation and Finance organisation, that Finance is able to plan and implement required system and process changes across the finance function to support key new commercial models and initiatives. As the finance lead on these significant commercial change programmes this role will have a high profile across both the Commercial and Finance organisation whilst also being a very operational role – helping shape the key finance systems and processes within the organisation.
Duties will include:
- Be global lead for finance on key commercial initiatives – ensuring appropriate timely input of finance into these programmes and also acting ensuring finance teams are appropriately updated re these programmes
- Establishing robust, clear and driven finance change programmes for key change programmes impacting the Commercial organisation – including establishing and maintaining clear project plans, stakeholder input and communication, providing executive level updates and readouts and overall driving these programmes to successful conclusion
- Build clear view of required system, process or people investment to achieve the required commercial outcome – including establishing any short term investments/processes whilst longer term investment in systems are underway
The successful candidate should ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or overseas equivalent).
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Prior experience at leading complex finance change programmes and initiatives including working with wide range of specialisms (IT systems, Data Governance, Commercial organisation, Compliance teams) to deliver the solution
- Ability to work effectively at all levels within the organisation and manage teams indirectly
- Tenacious and assertive, will need at times to drive things through the business and push boundaries that are unfamiliar to others. Hands-on and proactive.
- Strong influencer of those around them, used to working at various levels of exposure, ground floor through to board level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Focus on process improvement and change agenda to drive efficiency and best practice in the finance function
- Previous experience in a corporate environment useful but not essential. Previous experience of working within a Sarbanes Oxley regulated company would be beneficial
Our client is a market leader that has a reputation for nurturing and developing their employees and providing long term career opportunities.