Interim Group Head of Finance
Salary £600 - £700 per day
Consultant Melanie Clark
Date posted 11 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
The Interim Group Head of Finance is responsible for the integrity of all financial and management reporting, and the overall controls in all business processes. They will also oversee all recruiting and retaining of a team going through change, as the business becomes more centralised. They will serve as a business partner to budget holders, managers, and other employees; guiding and advising them on accounting, control & FP&A matters. However, key stakeholders will be the UK Management team, Global Division Group and Group Finance Function. The Interim Group Head of Finance will be responsible for ensuring business as usual through the time of change and execute and implement the financial leadership’s overall objectives within the wider region.They will play an active role in any shot-term process improvement and improve partnering with international counterparts and the transformation team.
Responsibilities of the Interim Group Head of Finance include;
- Ensure all financial and management reporting for the UK and region is timely, accurate, reliable and supported by qualitative analysis.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes and liaise with the Group Finance team.
- Provide monthly/quarterly reporting through standardised balance sheet reviews, quality of earnings and supplementary schedules.
- Ensure all significant transactions are reviewed for appropriate accounting treatment and paper accounting memos for complex/material accounting transactions, which will often include WIP accounting.
- Lead the overall UK statutory and local tax filing/audit process and ensure all other regions local tax and statutory filings/audits are completed and filed timely.
- Support Global Compliance and provide a process improvement strategy
- Maintain a strong control environment, anticipate risks, and strive to have all passed audit ratings
- Manage and motivate a large team of reporting, royalty and operational finance individuals through a change period
- Overseeing the FP&A reporting to group.
The successful Interim Group Head of Finance will have strong technical accounting skills and international experience, ideally, not essentially, from a media environment. You will be a qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant, have excellent leadership skills and thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing, exciting environment.