Consultant Alicia Loates
Date posted 29 November 2016
As the Financial Controller based in the London business you will have excellent visibility across the business looking after 35 of the affiliates across the European entities as well as reporting directly into the senior management. As the Financial Controller you will manage two junior members of staff who will be part of your division. The role will involve all aspects of finance from reporting, FP&A budgeting and forecasting as well as business partnering with country heads.
- Manage actual, forecasts and budgets and present a summary of results to senior management. This includes reviewing all overheads, international digital accounting, topside entries, pipeline, eliminations and other financial accounting entries
- Attend quarterly calls to present and review overall HO activity with Corporate Finance
- Oversee and manage Quarter-end and Year-end audit process for Head Office entities
Financial Reporting Results
- Review submission to ensure consistency of financial reporting within corporate requirements
- Prepare and review all Quarter-end and Year-end affiliate deliverable, including the returns provision analysis
- Manage the overall review process for the Release Database for actual, forecast and budget submissions; including updating titles and reconciliation to financial reporting systems
- Attend the Release Schedule meeting to ensure consistency with the financial reporting of releases
- Report and review key release sales data, and review variances against previous targets. Follow up with territory finance teams on reporting issues
Cash Flow Forecasting
- Provide a summary of the key factors impacting cash variances for discussion with Executive Management
- Deal with various ad-hoc requests across the Recorded Music division
- Manage a team of two staff; one qualified accountant and one studying for an accounting qualification
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Previous experience within a similar role, preferably gained in a multinational organisation
- Proficient accounting standards knowledge
- Leadership skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and present financial information accurately and effectively
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
This media business is a house hold name and offers an excellent opportunity to further your career.
If you are interested in this Financial Controller position please apply to this advert and I will follow up with you.