Technical Advisor, Audit and Accounting - Membership Body - Milton Keynes - Circa £75,000-£80,000 plus benefits package
Robert Walters are hiring for a Technical Advisor (Audit and Accountancy) for a leading Membership Organisation based in Milton Keynes.
This is a permanent, full-time role paying circa £75k-£80k, based in their Milton Keynes head office, but supporting 3 days per week working from home - however fully remote may be considered the right candidate requiring more flexibility.
Working as part of this in-house team, the Technical Advisor will be responsible for providing advice and support to members on different audit and accounting technical issues.
This can be on a range of topics, mainly technical queries but also on topical issues or ethical questions.
The Technical Advisor will have support from other team members and a database of prior queries to use, but may also need to conduct their own research for unique questions that arise - Basically you need to use your brain and get thinking on how to provide the best answer in a good timeframe.
On top of this, the Technical Advisor will also support in the development of technical materials, and for updating relevant media and website pages with new content, for delivering technical training, and will engage in project work e.g. implementing an AI-powered solution to certain technical queries.
The role comes with a salary of circa £75k-£80k plus a great benefits package.
The role offers a fantastic work-life balance, with short & regular hours, no late-working and no timesheets of course - So it offers a much better work-life balance than typically found in practice.
The company are looking for a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / ICAS) with prior or current experience of working in a professional services firm in and audit, assurance or accounting role. Ideally you will have also taken on a technical or training role of some kind, but that isnt strictly required.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone working in audit/accounts who wants a different kind of role, and a position with a highly-respective business offering a much-improved work life balance than typically found in practice or industry.
Apply now to find out more and to see the full job description.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates
Robert Walters is delighted to have partnered with a well-established and highly respected firm of chartered accountants based in Beaconsfield to find an Audit Semi-Senior/Senior/Manager. These roles have been created due to substantial growth and offer the chance for brilliant individuals to fast track their career advancement with an Accountancy Practice which, thanks to their strong connections locally to Top 10 firms, have ambitious plans which can only be met by hiring top tier talent.
• Review of monthly management accounts, cashflow forecast, variance analysis.
• Support the team in preparation of complex financial tasks and consolidation.
• Prepare management accounts, balance sheet reconciliation and reporting templates to suit the needs of the clients.
• Working with the commercial team to onboard new clients and support new projects
• Support the continuous improvements to accounting and reporting processes together with the wider Finance and ERP Development teams.
• Act as a key point of finance contact (as and when needed) to external clients and always deliver quality service.
• ACA , ACCA , CIMA Qualified or equivalent.
• IFRS, FRS 102, FRS 101 and UK GAAP knowledge is essential.
• Understanding of both management and statutory accounting is also essential.
• Strong Excel skills and experience of using an ERP system (use of Agresso/Business World a distinct advantage but not essential)
• Adaptable to change and working within a project environment is vital.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work closely with external parties and clients.
This role will be based in Kings Langley 2 days a week, occasional travel to other sites may also be required.
£75,000 - £80,000 per annum + car, bonus, hybrid working
20 November 2023
A prestigious brand is looking for a Senior Finance Manager to join their Luton head office (hybrid working available).
With a strong blend of commercial finance and financial planning, we are looking for an experienced Finance Manager who can manage a team, overseeing a multisite budget in excess of 400m.