Research & Development Auditor
Salary £28,000 - £30,000 per annum
Consultant Vanessa Lang
Date posted 07 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting Research & Development Auditor role in Altrincham has arisen at a leading company which specialises in R&D tax relief. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled, ambitious candidate to work at a well-known company with an excellent reputation amongst customers and clients and gain experience in this field. The role will involve some UK travel and regular overnight stays will be required.
As a Research and Development Auditor, you will:
- Overall business analysis including discussions about the shape of a client’s business and the internal processes within it to establish qualifying projects (purpose, problems, solutions, time frames)
- Establishing the extent to which business processes have been re-engineered to obtain the best results
- Establishing key staff involved in projects (roles, background, experience)
- Evaluating qualifying research and development activity present in relation to HMRC guidance and legislation
- Reviewing and interpreting the organisation’s financial accounts
- Formulating a report on key activity and associated qualifying costs
As a Research & Development Auditor, you will have/be:
- Attention to detail and robust organisational skills – including time management
- Strong verbal and written communication proficiency including exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with clients in a professional and technically competent manner
- Professional report writing experience (e.g. strategies, reports, briefings)
- Strong analytical skills
- Clean driving licence
- Experience working in sectors where R&D is prevalent, for example experience within a field of science or technology would be beneficial (e.g. software, manufacturing, technology)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful company with an excellent reputation. This role provides comprehensive training including the opportunity to learn about relevant HMRC legislation and gain a robust grounding in company processes and procedures before conducting client visits. Some UK travel will be necessary including regular overnight stays. This role offers an excellent package including a company car.
To apply or for more information, please contact:
Vanessa Lang at Robert Walters, on email@example.com or call 01612407473.